Need a new blind for my TDB 14

Glenn in CT

I'm looking for a new blind for my TDB 14 Classic. The original is fine but I'd really like one that doesn't angle inward and gives a bit more room for the shooters.

Do you guys know of anyone who make's custom blinds that fit the TDB?

-Glenn

Hey Glenn,

I have been comtemplating making two additional holes on the combing. If you look at the rear holes for the blind poles, you easily lose a foot and a half of valuable cockpit space. I have been thinging of making two new holes further back towards the stern and then getting two longer poles that go front to back on the sides to make up the difference. At that point, you'd have plenty of room for two guys. The original canvas "may still fit but would button up a little differently.

I have a 14' aluminum Alaskan that I "decked-over". It ended up looking very similar to the Bankes 14' Dominator boat. A few years ago, a gentleman from this site offerd up the canvas part of the blind in the classifieds. I jumped on it.

The blind came without the frame. Which ended up being a good thing.

When fitting the blind and designing the post and frame set-up to my boat, one thing I desired was to make the whole thing as adjustable and universal as possible. I am 6'-1", a friend I often hunt with is considerably shorter. With my design, I can "drop" his end of the canvas a few inches to accomodate his looking over the canvas.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of detailed pictures of the blind while "up". I do have a few of the frame though.

Photo0487_001-1.jpg

Photo0599.jpg

Photo0598.jpg

Photo0600.jpg

Photo0601.jpg

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to PM me back.

Jon

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Phil--I wouldn't be adverse to doing something myself... just need a little help from the boyz here on the forum!

-Glenn

Jon- On the blind you built on your Alaskan pictured above. It appears the front lower edge of your blind is secured to the boat by sliding something sewn on the inside of the material through a channel that is afixed to the boat. Am I seeing that correct? Can you share what it is called and where it can be sourced? Would you use it again?

Thanks

CAnderson- the part that attaches to the boat is called "awning rail", the part that attaches to the blind is "awning welt". It's available in both aluminum and vinyl. Vinyl is best to use. It's fairly inexpensive. The Bankes blind I bought had the vinyl welt already sewn in, I bought the awning rail from a local RV dealer.

Pretty slick set-up. Very quick and easy to put on or remove.

Jon

Back