Need some help on a duck boat.

Tony H

Just picked up what I am told is a all glas Higbee from NJ. Its a 12ft boat. sorry no pics right now didnt snap any of it. But got this boat and an alumicraft ducker and alot of Hilliard cork decoys so trying to find the origin of the boat as well. Who made an all glass higbee? I know MLB made a stretched version called the huff.

Looks like this one. only different camo.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/lbdc34/higbee1.jpg

Tony, I can't see the pic, but quite a few guys have made the all glass higbee style box over the years. Right now I believe the molds are owned by a guy who works for Viking yacht. Whether he is still producing them or not I don't know.

Tony's pic
higbee1.jpg

Definitely a Higbee. Not only did MLB stretch the Higbee they also raised the cockpit combing.

Lets see photos of the Ducker too!!

Last edited:
,,,,,,,,,they also raised the cockpit combing.

Some of the early ones made by Mark had the lower height combing around the cockpit. However, if the boat in question is only 12 foot, I don't believe it to be one of boats made by Mark.

Its indeed 12ft long looks just like this one shown in the link. and the ducker is number D1113. got pics on my phone will transfer them later this evening and post them as well.

The boat in the picture is mine. I tried to find out some info on the Higbees when I got it but never came up with much. Apparently the molds changed hands several times and they were produced by a couple different companies over the years. I'll try to dig up what little info I did find and get it to you.

Not much out there, Although here in Ohio not much good for our style of hunting I sure like the looks and lines on these boats. I'll be bringing this one to Tuckerton hoping to find it a new home. Lovely little boat.

The picture that Rick posted is a carbon copy of the boat I bought last fall. I'd written a post asking for info on the spray skirt that came with it, as I had no idea what supported it (search phrase : bbsb spray skirt). The snaps on your boat are in virtually the same spots as on mine, so I'm guessing the skirt is quite similar. I think mine had internal supports that are gone and their accesses were sewn over during repairs. I'd be curious to see what you have. I attached a "socket" to the spray skirt for a piece of 3/4" pipe and use the catch for the hasp to lock the hatch cover on to locate the bottom end. Anyone know the vintage of these? I think mine is a whole lot newer than I originally thought.

View attachment DSCN0321_01.JPG

Tony,

You should get the Huff molds added to your inventory. I don't know if Jamie is producing anything from them and if not, someone should

Jamie is out of the business. Has been closed for a couple years now. Were moving into our new facility as I Type and have plenty of room now to expand even further. Never know what might happen. Busick, TDB, Arthur Armstrong,Kalash, Decoys, hard to say what will be next. We are always looking and if the price is right it could happen.

Back