Our 4 legged partners photos

Gene R.

Fellas , After reading of Eric's losing of Cassie and seeing photos of Chessies, it got me thinking. How bout a photo thread of our 4 legged partners honoring them in action? I'll start it off. "Cash" with a goose, then Cash and me with a beauty of a baldpate in Chincoteague bay. Steve Steffy and I were there in Jan. It was great Day, Scoter on the Ch.bay in a.m. then Brant, Geese, and Puddle ducks in afternoon.

IMG_47691-2.jpg

IMG_47671.jpg

Thanks for sharing,
Gene

Otto was nine last Monday so this is appropriate.

PeteOtto.jpg

Always vigilent
DuckhuntingNov09151.jpg

Take'en over the reins from Toller
TollerOtto.jpg

GE a few years ago
OttowGE.jpg

Can over Lee's decoy
DuckhuntingNov09149.jpg

Cheyenne Bottoms this fall
001.jpg

Last day of the season this year.

016.jpg

1st retrieve 5 years ago
REX.jpg

while not a huge fan of picking up the brer' rabbits he took a fetch command on his first upland hunt
pheasant3.jpg

some of my most treasured memories with Rex and my two oldest girls
P1020852.jpg

5 years under his belt he now keeps the lookout for me so I don't have too
P1030058.jpg

It saddens me to think about him being in his prime years right now and that our time together may be dwindling. He is my first "real" retrieving dog I cannot think of being able to ever replace him in the field.

My YLM Kane will turn 4 years old at the end of April. The last three seasons with him have been the most memorable, enjoyable seasons of my waterfowling career. We do a lot of field hunting for honkers, but this particular shot is one of my favorites of him working water...

ducks2010075.jpg

Holly is coming up on 12 weeks old. These three shots were taken over the last four weeks. I am looking forward to hunting with her for years to come. It has been a few years since I hunted over my own dog.

004-2.jpg

122.jpg

115.jpg

Paul you might need to work on the hold position.... my experience says a leg hold isn't good! :) Very cute pup....even for a black one.... :)

For a second I thought this was just a CBR posting....

Phil, I wondered the same about the Chessies but then I read it again and thought it was for all dogs. Holly has improved her hold since those pictures. LOL We are having fun!

Great idea for a thread. I put up a few shots of Mocha from a pup to now at 3 years old.

MOCHAAAA.jpg

002_02.jpg

SunrisewithMocha.jpg

Mochaonboatinbadseas.jpg

MochaonMako1.jpg

MochagivingDomsomepointers.jpg

MochawithBlackduck.jpg

1387-R1-024-10A_010_010_010.jpg

1387-R1-044-20A_020_020_020.jpg

MarcoMochaandJohn12-18-10.jpg

Mocharidingonbowof2manBBSB.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the best for last, SMITH'S CHOCOLATE MOUSSE. The dog all dogs are measured from, R.I.P best buddy!

Mousse was my fist real trained retriever, he could do it all and make it look easy.
100_1113.jpg

100_1355.jpg

100_1546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice gentlemen! Only one thing I think we duck hunters enjoy talking about more than ducks is our dogs. For the other CBR owners, gosh do they seem to truely enjoy playing in snow or what. I just finished cutting some firewood and had Cash and Penny out with me. They were covered in snow and chasing each other like school kids on a snow day. Keep the photos coming guys, heck of a start for a thursday afternoon.

Gene

I hunted around 10 years with Loki. I didn't own him but we were definitely hunting partners. I hunted as much with Loki as I did with anyone. He was focused, had tremendous drive and was as tough as nails. I took this picture of him in 2008. He is now retired and nearing the end of his life.

20081013_185.jpg

Last edited:
THIS IS "SAMSON". HE WILL BE 4 YEARS OLD ON THE JULY 4TH, I WANTED TO CALL HIM "CRACKER", THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT "JIGGER", (YOU KNOW, LIKE A LITTLE SHOT OF YOUR FAVORITE BOURBON), YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOKS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTERS GAVE ME!! I SETTLED ON SAMSON, WHOS STRENGTH WAS ATTIBUTTED TO HIS LONG DARK HAIR,...SEEMED ONLY FITTING.

THIS IS MY TENTH SEASON OF WATERFOWL HUNTING, AFTER A LIFETIME OF CHASIN' OTHER CRITTERS. SAMSON IS MY FIRST WATERFOWL DOG. CONTRARY TO WHAT I THOUGHT GOING INTO HIS TRAINING, HE HAS TAUGHT ME A LOT!! HE IS REALLY A TRUE COMPAINION FOR ME, I TAKE HIM EVERY WHERE I GO, WHENEVER I CAN. I CANT IMAGINE A HUNT WITHOUT HIM.

THIS IS HIM AT 5 MONTHS.
DSC03089.jpg

ANOTHER SNOW PIC.
DSC03493.jpg

WE DO STEAK FOR FOR BIRTHDAYS!!
DSC03704.jpg

ON THE RIDE HOME TODAY
DSC04406.jpg

DSC03340-1.jpg

Back