outboard motor camo

leonard

I am looking for ideas to cover a small outboard motor on a A.A.Widgeon .
I have been working on it for a few years now and still have not hunted out of it .
I am trying to keep everything as low as possible .
The boat and flip open doors are covered with killer weed .
Any help ( pictures ) would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you
Leonard.

cut.gif
Leonard, Shake the spray can well and let er rip. You will get some good ideas here. Welcome and good luck.

Hi Leonard. On my first outboard I used spray paint in a vertical tiger stripe pattern. It looked OK, but was frequently darker than the area I was hunting. On my second outbaord, I used the camo clad adhesive camo sheets you cut to fit on your motor. I got the kit from Cabela's. I'm much happier with the look of the camo clad.

John Bourbon

Heck, all I ever used was a burlap bag with one long seam ripped, covers just about the whole lower unit too.

Thank you all for all the good advice .
The motor Iam using dose not belong to me so painting it is out .
The como stickers sounds good as long as they come off when I need them to .
I picked up a como cover for small outboard motors it's ok but still not what I'am looking for .
Then I saw replacement net's for landing nets so I picked up one of those also .
My idea is to put the net ontop of the motor cover with cable ties .
Then I can use the leftover killer weed and attach it to the net so it will look like the rest of the boat .
I will post some pictures if it turns out
Thank's again for the help .
leonard

Get a piece of camo burlap a little longer than the motor and twice as wide.
Fold it over in half length wise.
Hot Glue the top seem closed.
Hot glue around 1' of the open side, from the top down.
Lay over the motor.
I got 6 years out the first one of these I made. Cost about nothing.
[inline MotorCover.jpg ]

View attachment MotorCover.jpg

I bought a spare tire cover that was Max 4 camo. Cost about $2.00 and ahs lasted years. nice thing about it is that it has elasticc around it so if fits nice and tight on the motor. I then slip it off when not actually in the blind hunting.

Mark W

I am with Carl, but I just use a piece of camo burlap and wet it(holds it on in the wind) and lay it across the motor. It is easy, fast, rolls up to almost nothing, and works great.

Whats the motor model and HP?

Try searching E bay for "Model x" motor housing. Just the housing. If you are lucky enough to find one, paint it up and use it when you are hunting.

I found one for the Honda 9.9 that Lee Harker sold me. That motor was in mint condition so I found a used scratched up Honda housing on E Bay and painted it. When we went out hunting, I unclipped the original and replaced it with the camo version.

Back