and a few whistlers are still left...

031007-05.jpg

031007-08.jpg

and company...

031007-01.jpg

031007-07.jpg

031007-13.jpg

Hitch

Great stuff! The Redwing is unreal. I'd be pimpin' that one! The hawk is "pretty" good too :eek:)

They're all good!

Geez Hitch...those photos are outstanding. The color and clarity is fantastic and the "poses" are great.

(The hawk with the branch is interesting when you think of the more traditional dove and olive branch.)

Great work!

I see that they are signed...does that mean they might be for sale too?

Hitch- Nice pics. Question...do you have any more pics with the headless feeding teal like in pic #2? Even if they are out of focus, they would be nice to see. Thanks in advance!!!!

DB

Thanks guys and gals. Dani... I didn't know that drake was there until I was croping the photo. There were so many Teal in the hole feeding and they were all mixed in with the coots and moorhens, I likely could have more photos. I'll look.

Hitch

A lens junkie and I quote [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Soon to be a 1Ds II....and more LLLenses
Keep up the quality photos Hitch, they are quite enjoyable. The ducks are returning North. Saw several groups of Buffys today while I was on the river fishing for walleyes. Saw some mallards as well but those may have been some of the locals which never leave the area.

I'm still amazed at the colors on the Bluewings. If someone hadn't ever told me, I would think they were a different duck as they sure don't look like that here during the season.
[/font]

Very nice photos. I sure enjoy seeing them. The red shouldered hawk is killer, so is the glossy ibis.

If you haven't already you should check out http://www.naturescapes.net
Every once in while I just go there to look at the photos. They seem to be a very knowledgeable group of photographers who know how to get the most out of their photos.

Tim

hitch do you ever hunt goodwin? i have a cousin that lives in melbourne and its covered in teal- those pics just remind of that area.

Awesome photos Hitch! If you don't mind me asking (which I'm sure you've been asked before and I haven't seen it) what setup are you shooting?

Brad

Awesome photos Hitch! If you don't mind me asking (which I'm sure you've been asked before and I haven't seen it) what setup are you shooting?

Brad

Great idea Steve!

I had 4 malards and one greenwing teal feeding in my pheasant feed, I dindnt think that the greenwings liked the cold that much it was - 20 degrees celsius, for most of the week.

Those, of course, are great pictures. I especially like the Fulvous looking right while the flock is heading left. This photography stuff is addicting isn't it! I am looking as much forward to the picture taking next season as I am the shooting.

Thanks guys all...

I know what you mean Ron. The photography is addictive. And duck season has effectively ran into Turkey season. I may not get much done on the house this summer. There are just too many photos to collect.

Hitch

Back