Shellinger low boat opinions needed?

Michael R Braun

question for all NJ Shellinger owners.

Can you tell me your likes and dislikes about the boat? What type of water will it handle how much does it draft? Hows it handle on the bay? Any other opinions on them. My brother is looking for a new box. His original Higbea is to low in the water when he gets in so he is looking for a box that will not give him a wet bottom. He wont's to know about a low boat not high.

Thanks Mike.

Mike, Roys boats are great, very stable and seaworthy. Ive had one for nine years and have never gotten wet and I weigh 300 lbs. Great boat for the money.

Mike-I know several people that have or have had them, they are a pretty good boat. It is very good in a chop like you would find on the bay. It hides easily. It is fast and seaworthy. If you are going to cross open water (like a bay) it is a good choice.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone not loving there Schellinger, your not so far away that you can't call to discuss need's and arrange a ride, I have had a couple and loved them all, give him a call at 856 299 7137

Mike their great boats ! very sea worth, and stable. More so than a BBSB. If ya get a low boat get the fiberglass flappers, and a added floor. I never had a wet ass with mine.

Back