Sneak boat project

Jordan MItchell

have been on the hunt for a new project and came across this on Facebook Market place. Was a good score at $200 with the engine!

Unfortunately the boat was left outside with no cover and and stored with the cockpit up so there is some rot on the stringers and also the bottom of the hull.

Got it home last weekend and quickly got al the old glass off the boat. I purchased it knowing it would need some serious TLC to say the least! In the process now of rebuilding the stringers, so ill then be able to re-plank the hull.

The top side and gunwales are in great shape, planning on new epoxy and fresh glass on them. Will keep this updated with progress along the way!

View attachment sb1.jpgView attachment sb2.jpgView attachment sb3.jpgView attachment sb4.pngView attachment sb5.png

Jordan~

Looks like you are well into a renovation! Best of luck with the process.

You probably know this already, but that sweet old OMC - 9.9 or 15? - looks like a long shaft. I wonder how tough/easy it might be to locate the new parts to convert to a 15-inch. I think you'd need the shorter drive shaft but could cut down the shift linkage and the cooling water tube. I defer to real outboard mechanics....

All the best,

SJS

Hit some of the marinas and find a old motor in the parts piles. I've never had a new motor, like the oldies and i'm frugal. Winter projects.

Cool boat and cool engine too!

Like others noted, you might want to see if you can trade that long shaft for a short shaft. Or convert it.

Great looking project Jordan! Seems like you know what you're doing, but there is a wealth of good information on this site to pull from also. Good luck!

Nice looking boat. I think you got a great deal! Your garage/shed looks great! Could you share on its construction or more pictures?

Back