So far beyond NDR as can't be believed

That is exactly the music I envision Steve stump dancing to.
Kind of neat stuff. Not sure I could listen to it all the time but a concert might be cool. I'm going to have to look up some more of there music later.

Tim

Hey that was pretty cool! I'm not used to hearing anything other than Amazing Grace on the pipes. Headbanging with the pipes...that gives it a whole new dimension. I was waiting for someone to go stage diving or something.

Listened to more of their songs. They have quite a diverse range, German Techno to Rock to Ring of Fire, and I like some of it... not the german techno, german techno with bagpipes is still german techno.
Well the Germans have come a long ways from 99 Luftballons.

Is it just me or does the heavy guy look a little like Jerry Garcia after a Jager bender?

Tim

in the HeeHaw overhauls and playing the fiddle?

When I watched that video the first thing that came to mind was the big chick on the end holding Espy under her arm, his stubby little legs stuck out over her shoulder like whatever those things stuck out over their backs are, and squeezing him tightly until he made noise like that....

WOW.....I need a season to open on something otherr than Doves....thats for certain....

And Tim....no stump dancing to that....maybe some of the other stuff that I haven't heard but that one was definately not stump dancing music.....

Steve

Man, can't you hear that song in the background as 6 BBSB's leave the shore for a day of hunting???

Oh neato, I now feel the need to get home and don the "Effen warrior of Gasbury invisibility cloak" a-la Dungeons and Dragons style. If I am lucky I may still have 3 Cyclops credits and can go on to level three. With this music in my I-pod there won’t be a troll in California, I can’t take on.

Now I do remember seeing someone on this site with the hair and beard that look uncannily like the main music wizard on the clip...
D-

in the HeeHaw overhauls and playing the fiddle?

When I watched that video the first thing that came to mind was the big chick on the end holding Espy under her arm, his stubby little legs stuck out over her shoulder like whatever those things stuck out over their backs are, and squeezing him tightly until he made noise like that....

WOW.....I need a season to open on something otherr than Doves....thats for certain....

And Tim....no stump dancing to that....maybe some of the other stuff that I haven't heard but that one was definately not stump dancing music.....

Steve

Steve -- don't take this the wrong way, but please delete me from your contact files. I have enough stalkers.
LOL!!!!

and wassa matta....you don't think it that you'd enjoy being flipped up under that big redheads arm, and squeezed til your "skirled"?

My bet is your normally ruddy complection would getting even redder and after she'd squeezed all the air out of you and then let you re-inflate that you'd quickly be saying..."please ma'am may I have another"?...

Steve

Steve

I have to believe you dance to Enya or Bjork then. My illusions of Pagans have burst.

I'm a SOUTHERN PAGAN not a German Pagan, and not an Irish Pagan and not a Danish Pagan.....

Call it REFORMED Druidism....you know Druid Light so instead of worshiping Trees and Mtns. we can include the lesser things like Bushes and Rocks as well....

So....remember for the future.....SOUTHERN PAGAN....which means SKYNARD man.....SKYNARD as our stump dancing music......you know...as in

FREEEEEEEEEEEEE BBIIIRRRDDDDDD

Got to give the old guy some credit if you can dance for the whole song. Be glad you aren't a Kalifornian Pagan, they might have to dance to In A Gadda Da Vida.

Might be my german ancestry, I have eaten kruet "fresh" from the crock, I like to think of Pagans as lager breathed unbathed eurotrash hating head banging heathens... but thats just me.

Tim

I've eaten chitterlings out of a big old cast iron pot, squatting in an outdoor fire, used for scalding hogs and washing clothes when not in use preparing supper, does that count?

As to the rest I reckon it all depends on your "definition" ...and "differentiation".... of Pagan and Heathen.....since in their "broadest" definition both are "no believers of the God of Abraham", then "hating each other" would seem pretty much to be "them hating themselves"...and while I can see that happening if there was a "toothsome maiden", "the last keg of "mead" or "heifeweisen", (no self respecting Pagan would drink a lagar, unless it was proferred by a host and free of course), or perhaps aspecial "beaver pond" or "snipe bog", being fought over, it would seem that they'd be more prone to dislike the newly arrived Christians who sought to tell them they were WRONG and then put them to the sword if they weren't suppliant to the better armed bearers of the truth, than to "hate themselves"....

If you differentiate "Pagan" and "Heathen" by; "Pagans" are multi-theistic and "Heathens" don't believe in the Christian God then I'm good with PAGAN.....while accepting both the Heathens and the Christians....and heck I'll even drink that free lager.....

steve

I meant 'kraut' but for some reason spelled horribly and quickly and got 'kruet'. I think you win on drawing the better 'down home' food image but I should have added that my grandma did pick a pickled mouse out of the crocks while they were fermenting on several occasions. The sourkraut from the stores is never as good as that was... bet you can say the same for the chitterlings.

Tim

I'm glad the post inspired levity and caused some enjoyment. perhaps I'll slip in the occasional odd bit of music in the future. Steve, as a denizen of the pacific northwest you are in the stomping ground of an excellent tribal band known as the "Wicked Tinkers" give 'em a peek some time.
Oh heck, here they are, the music is performed by them"Wicked tinkers" and the song vocals and rather intense lyrics are Heather Alexander's enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFi7bWkyRpA&feature=related

Last edited:
Other than the skinny little guy in the middle, they're all built like me, and my relatives, we generally wear tee shirts though,even then the belly tends to poke out between the shirt and the belt though. We generally have very loud family reunions too. We had a conference room in Vegas, the NRA was having a convention next door, and we got so loud they moved us to another floor. I wonder where you buy those big bagpipes, that'd be really cool at the next McHale family reunion!

ZOINKS !!!!! They are a fun lot.

Esper you changed young lives today. My 7th and 8th graders worked on their sculpture projects while listening to Schel Mish and the Goat leggin Trio. The urban class room was rockin.
Regards,
B

Back