Some pics over the last two days

Al Hansen

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

3 varieties of penstemon

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Our ocotillo is about to bloom. (o-ko-tee-yo)

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

One time I wouldn't want to be an ornithologist studying song sparrows.

P5120210.jpg

Sunset

IMG_1351.jpg

This "ol" boy (western cottontail) has had a territorial battle or two in his life. It was 87 yesterday and he found the shade of one of our rose bushes to his liking.

IMG_2516.jpg

A female black-chinned hummingbird ready for her morning bath

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

Life is Good!

IMG_2106.jpg

A male black-chinned coming in for his bath

IMG_2114.jpg

Need a drink

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

That's better.

IMG_2131.jpg

Flax flower

IMG_2352.jpg

Western tanager

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

Those are some wonderful pictures. If a coyote tries for that rabbit he better bring backup.
Thanks for sharing.

Al I love the drop of water on the hummers beak. Not to mention the blue iridescence on the throat, thanks for posting those.

Good pictures as usual Al. I liked the roses. Are you using a flash or just natural light ?

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the compliment. I have to agree with you about bringing backup! Got a kick out of that.
Al

You are welcome, Eric. I thought you might enjoy this one. I took this shot six days ago. The male black-chinned hummer has his head and beak under water. You can see the water flowing over it. Like I said, they sure do like messing around in the water.
Al

IMG_9589.jpg

Wispete,
All the shots are taken with natural lighting. I have tried the flash but have had more headaches than it is worth. Maybe at another time.
Al

As always, Great stuff here. Thanks Al for keeping all of us updated with your photo's. Great job!!

Gary March

Back