Splash guard for Devin boat?

Richard S

I'm looking for examples of splash guards on Devlin boats with a motor well. I've recently installed a jackplate to get the motor to the height it needs to be. When I set the motor height and trim to the ideal setting, I'm getting quite a bit of water splashing over the transom. I can lower the motor and trim it back a bit for a compromise, but I'd like to see how others have resolved this issue. The jackplate may limit my ability to do use some of the designs I've been able to find pictures of, but hopefully there are some other good options out there. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thanks Dave. Your pictures were the only ones I was able to find using the search function. Looks like a great design. It could be difficult with my jackplate, so I'm hoping there are some other options out there as well.

Richard S said:
Thanks Dave. Your pictures were the only ones I was able to find using the search function. Looks like a great design. It could be difficult with my jackplate, so I'm hoping there are some other options out there as well.

That is basically how they are done from what I've seen. A more simple molding or splash rail around the perimeter may be a lot easier and get almost as much bang for the buck. Not everyone has a problem, either, so consider that.

Back