Spring loon....

Capt. Brian Rhodes

Nice looking this time of the year.

loon.jpg

loon2.jpg

loon3.jpg

Some great shots there Brian. Love the loons. They just don't stay here only a day or two.

Gary March

Brian, Great pics. My buddy just finished one for the Worlds this weekend in Ocean City Maryland. Looking real good. Wife and I have been going there for 27 / 28 years for vacation. I carve, but have never entered. Have seen the progress of the decoy over the years.
Have you ever gone down? All duck hunters should go once. We also shoot a little sporting clays while there. Just a good time and good people there.

Hey Brian - You have that guy dialed in. I love the way you get light that always seems to enhance your shots !

BTW.........I have seen what I think are juvenile loons here on the salt water most winters..........do you know if they take a couple of seasons to get the regular plumage ?

sarge

Thanks guys.

Not sure how long they take to mature, but this is there spring/summer plumage. They look pretty boring (brown) for most of the winter.

Sarge: growing up on the Vineyard I regularly ran into loons in the salt. Some nights we could even mouth call back and forth with them. Never saw any of them dressed in anything other than brown though. We too often wondered as to their age.

Back