Taxidermist request

Nick Zito

Looking for a quality taxidermist in New England. I formerly used Brian Yacino, who recently had a hand injury and is retiring after 41 years with the pending surgery. I always liked Brian, used him for 15 years. Every birds was lifelike and not half asleep like the other folks I see around here.

If anyone has a quality person to recommend in New England, I would appreciate it. I have a gadwall from last year and likely my oldest's first duck this year.

Nick,
I don't know if this guy is still in Business, Kevin Conroy. He is in Middlebury CT. He has done some work for me over the years and I have been very pleased.

Looking for a quality taxidermist in New England. I formerly used Brian Yacino, who recently had a hand injury and is retiring after 41 years with the pending surgery. I always liked Brian, used him for 15 years. Every birds was lifelike and not half asleep like the other folks I see around here.

If anyone has a quality person to recommend in New England, I would appreciate it. I have a gadwall from last year and likely my oldest's first duck this year.
Nick,
I would suggest Bill Embacher. He is a member on this site and a great guy. You can find him on Facebook and see his work. And as an added bonus he is in CT.

A friend of mine, Tomas, started Aix Taxidermy in Middletown. He worked on a LTD for me and does excellent work. I can’t recommend him enough.

Attachments

• Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0017.jpeg
    Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0017.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0016.jpeg
    Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0016.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 20
  • Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0015.jpeg
    Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0015.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0014.jpeg
    Resized_IMG-20240302-WA0014.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 21
Gary King he’s out of New York his studio is called Waterfowl Creations. Also Fred Barilla he’s out of Long Island New York his studio is Fred Barilla taxidermy. Both are absolutely phenomenal I use them and recommend everybody they never disappoint!

X2 Bill Embacher, he is in east hampton ct. I used to use Brian Yacino when he lived in moosup.

Last edited:
Back