TDB Cooking?

Matt, I assume you'll be using an open flame. Aside from the normal precautions you should take when using an open flame near flammable materials, you should be aware that gasoline vapors are heavier than air and tend to sink to the floor if not vented. My gas tank is stored in the stern compartment of my classic 14ft TDB. There's no doubt in my mind that some vapors collect in the back of that compartment, especially after the blind is set up and i'm waiting for shooting time.

you must have a big boat cause i have no extra room for conforts like that in my boat..I just bring cooked food with me. Enjoy your hunts.

Matt, I have a 17 foot TDB and I have cooked in it alot, my gas tank is vented to the outside motor well, but I still do the cooking up front with the top open . I have been thinking of designing a charcol grill stand that would hook to the grass rail and sit about a foot above it and out over the water so I could cook stuff and still hunt at the same time, then if there was a problem I could just dump the grill in the water, and not have a bunch of hot burning things inside the boat.

There is nothing better than a hot meal on a cold day at the lake.

If I get something put together before the season gets going I'll post up some pictures.

best wishes and have a great season.

Fred

Back