The rebuild has begun - BBSB

Dave Diefenderfer

Sponsor
I picked up this BBSB in NJ back on Valentine's Day. Waited until the weather improved to really get started. I set up a portable tent/garage near the house so I have power and access to the large power tools. Set up the boat on the cradles and started stripping off all the hardware and fiitings. Found a bit more damage than I had known about, but not too bad. Have sanded about 75% of the deck, waiting to get along the edges until I repair the bow, and install the Mahogany rub rails. Want to blend everything together.

Ordered 600 SS screws this morning from McMaster-Carr, 300 3/4in for the hull, and 300 1 1/4in for the deck. Plan to screw every plank to the ribs, then hit each nail with a nailset just to toghten them up. Thickened epoxy over all holes and fill all space between planks.

Started looking for Resin as well, not sure I can afford to buy all I need at once. Anyone know best on-line price on the 105 resin, hardner and pumps?

Take a look at the pictures, the dates tell you the progression....

Suggestions are always appreciated. Currently searching a steal on a 15hp, Just missed a deal on CL that was local. 92 Evinrude for $350!

Dave

Headed to HDG this Saturday...

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s240/ddiefend/New%20Sneakbox%20Project/

Good luck on the rebuild. It sounds like youve got your work cut out for you. The best place the get West System is at West Marine, or if you have a friend that has a Port Supply acct, he can get it for you at a real good price.

Dave - Looks like a cool project. I wish you the best with it and look forward to posting up your progress pictures. Pat

Dave thats a nice project good luck with it and thanks for sharing, I will look forward to seeing it progress.
Eddie.

Back