Trailering a Bankes Revolution with a boat

RC D

Although this is not my rig I did help design the trailer. It is a pain to have to take 2 vehicles to trailer the tender boat and the layout boat. The maiden voyage was made this last weekend in the UP of Michigan.

I know there has been a few threads on how to trailer multiple boats or layout/tender rigs. The Revolution is just too heavy to store in or on the boat so this is what we came up with. The layout rack is driven by a winch and lays flat for deployment. It should make road trips a little more enjoyable with everyone in the same vehicle.

[inline rig.jpg]

[inline launch.jpg]

Thanks for reading

View attachment launch.JPG
View attachment rig.JPG

Last edited:
So,the winch lowers the top section down as it pivots from the four attaching points to the trailer frame? That is really slick.

I think it definitely makes it a better drive with one truck and the whole crew together. Assuming all the gear fits in the suburban.

Looks to be very well thought out and executed. Thanks for sharing those pics.

Do the four vertical posts "pin" in the vertical position, or do they all rely on the winch to hold them vertical? Looks like an awesome rig, definately some great ideas here....

The winch raises and lowers the platform. The platform hinges on the bottom pins.

When in the full up position the platform is just slightly over center and the front arms are pinned. The rear arms have turnbuckles that are tightened down to the trailer.

I love it!! I am a sucker for a cool trailer and this is one. I don't have a layout but the Broadbill on the bottom and Poleboat on the top could follow me all over the country.

Wow I am very impressed with the fabrication and it looks like it's been done right in the design of the hoist and gantry and reaving of the cable with snatch blocks well done

Very cool. I think I know that launch! Hope you did well, if it is the launch I am thinking of there were rafts of divers on that lake this past weekend.

looks nice, but is this trailer beefer than the Tin Boat needs or did you beef up the axle and leaf springs in it to carry the extra load?

Looks like you did a nice job

Larry, good question. I know the owner checked on that but I do not know the specifics on the ratings. I believe there was a large fiberglass boat on the trailer before being converted. The trailer did need some additional bracing for the lower pivot mounts.

Back