What do YOU use?

Mike

Thinking about camo for my sneakbox. I'm leaning toward the Quackgrass sheets. Can they really be trimmed to suit without unraveling? Is it a worthwhile product? Is there something better out there? What do YOU use?

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike,
I use fast grass from Avery. It worked well this season, and for diver type hunting is good (doesn't cover the top of the boat, but low-flying birds never see into the boat).
I haven't trimmed it down, but have been told that you can.
Natural vegetation is always best, but you have to do it each season, and I'm too lazy.

Thanks for the input fellas. Was just thinking ahead. I remember laceing-up bluebent with my dad when he had a blind anchored in Mannington Meadow many years ago. He had this wooden tool that held the bailing twine as you did the weaving...some sort of grassing needle. Wish I had it for the mantle.
Best, Mike

I have 4 pompus grass bushes in in my yard. I cut them down, put it in small bunches with wire ties and wire tie it to the netting on my boat. It's not a sneak boat, but here ya go.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r31/Project_2007/waterfowl/100_9665.jpg
100_9665.jpg

I have a few different ornamental grasses in my yard, maiden grass, switch grass and pampas. By the time the season rolls around it's time to cut them down anyway. I have also used Fastgrass/ Realgrass in the past and that stuff is great. Kevin

I would say the store bought lasts longer, but I this stuff is natural and free......... minus your time.

Back