Whats Your Big Water Duck Boat?

Capt. Frank Miller

Thought this would make an interesting thread! For those of you that hunt big open water what is your duck boat and why? I will start so far my favorite has been a 19' Carolina Skiff with a 75hp Honda.

Mine is a 18' Center Console Prodrive Mudboat with 24" sides and a 36hp Prodrive outboard. Gets me up the river in high seas and still run over the mudbars on the way.

009-1.jpg

mud1.jpg

16' Duranautic with a 1999 25HP Johnson and beavertail blind. It serves as an all purpose coastal waterfowling/fishing boat. I use it in the salt marshes and on the bigwater for sea ducks. Why, it's what I can afford right now and has been in use since my dad bought it new in 1974. I'm hoping to get another 5-10 years out of her and then put her into semi-retirement as a clamming boat. The boat's name is Old Salt.

Copyof100_0662.jpg

a 19 foot Bankes Crusader, hull #2 with 115 hp Yamaha.

UpperKlamathLake026.jpg
[/IMG]

Newboat.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that for real!?! It looks like pure mud to me. I wouldn't have thought anything but an airboat would work without water. If you stopped the boat there, could you get it going again? Pretty trippy...

John

Is that for real!?! It looks like pure mud to me. I wouldn't have thought anything but an airboat would work without water. If you stopped the boat there, could you get it going again? Pretty trippy...

John

Yes its for real. Pure silt from the Red River dumping in Lake Texoma near my Home. The motor is an Air cooled Briggs Vanguard. Yes and No on the stopping. If the boat sucks to the mud your stuck. If it is slick and not sticky You can dig out with the motor. Here are a couple of more photos.

mud4.jpg

mud3.jpg

28' juggernaut, 8 1/2' beam with an 80hp.

Hauls myself and four other guys,and all we need to hunt with.

Want to see it? Come to the Midwest get together next month.

Pete is bringing apple pie, I am bringing cherry. Dave, what are you bring?

Last edited:
Andrew,

I think George nailed it!!

I hope to bring my Chuck Huff sneak box along. I have a brand new 15hp Yamaha that has not been in the water yet. If I don't get it broke-in before then, I may just be putt-putting around but I'll be there.

Besides, when everyone else is out racing around there will be no one to guard the pies.

I'll most likely also have some newly carved decoys and maybe some knives, to show off. I'd invite everyone else that is coming to bring along what they might have in the way of decoys or such. I or others might be up for some horse trading.

Last edited:
Back