Wis Boz

Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I thoroughly enjoyed exchanging notes with Boz and am sorry that I never got to meet him. I will be thinking of you and your family. He will be missed around here and for sure I'll raise a glass for him.

Dani

Jim

I was shocked to read this. Your Dad will surely miss such a great guy.

My sincerest condolences,

Chuck

Jim

When I read about your dad's passing yesterday I was really saddened. I immediately called my son Thomas to relay the tragic news. My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. I always enjoyed having your dad on the website and to be honest, his presence was a bit of a badge of honor to me. When I'd tell people about what a great community we have and about some of the distinguished members we have from the duck hunting community I'd always mention your dad as a unique member whose waterfowling experiences covered more years than anyone and who was also a true gentleman. His passing will hit this community hard. We all loved your dad, his friendship and his contributions. To say he will be missed is an understatement. Our community has just lost a part that makes it unique.

Sincerely, Eric Patterson

Jim,
I am sorry to hear of your families sudden loss. Although I did not know your Dad, many of us on this forum feel a loss at his absence. May the peace that passes all understanding be with you and yours. My prayers for your healing both emotionally and physically.

Jim,
I got to meet your dad a few years ago at a DU get together. As it has been said, he was truly a gentlemen, wish I could have spent more time talking with him. His presence will be missed

His input will be missed here Jim. I enjoyed many conversations with your Dad over the years. God bless his soul.

I loved your dad. His recent post with the picture of him target shooting was great. I will really miss his words.

Jim. I am in total shock.I thought of your dad as an older brother, and we talked very often. I was looking forward to meeting him when he traveled this way in July. I have been calling his home phone since last Friday, with no answer, so thought he went to visit you over memorial day weekend.
I decided to go to this forum to see if I could find out anything, after calling the house this morning, and getting the answering machine.
God speed WIS BOZ. My prayers are with you and your family. Jim jr, as he called you, hope you have a speedy recovery from your injuries.
Call me if you have the time. I can't describe how much I miss your father. He was a great man, and a great American.
Joe Orfetel
864 338 8006

Jim,

I am so sorry for your loss, I will pray for your physical and emotional recovery. As many have mentioned, your father will be greatly missed by us.

Tom Wall

My son and I enjoyed reading the great times you and your Dad enjoyed he will remain an inspiration to all young and old. We will say a prayer for him and your family.

Here's dad as he'd like to be remembered. Outdoors getting ready to spend some time on the river. He really was a river rat. The kind words from the members have meant a lot. Thanks so much. Jim Jr.

Just back from a week in the woods and seeing this news. A sad loss. My thoughts are with you and your family, Jim.

Jim,

While I chatted with Boz for years... I only spent 1 weekend with him... we ate together, looked for a cat, and hunted together... this is how will always remember him.

I will always cherish the stories he told me.... from coming home from school to grab a shotgun and run to the river, finding where his father was hunting by the sound of his 10G... to flying rescue missions over the river, and stories of his service in WWII... I do not see how I will not think of him for the rest of my days...

As if this wasn't enough... Your father gave me a decoy that he helped carve in '37 with your grandfather and hunted 11/11/40... in 1 weekend he became my surrogate grandfather. I hope you are healing and are at peace.

Last edited:
A special weekend for sure, Phil. While we didn't take many birds that weekend, the camaraderie was something we will all remember.

Jim,
I am very sorry to read about this. I haven't been on duckboats in some time, but your Dad was a special person and welcome part of the site for me to read.
Our thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to you and your family.
Very best,
Rick Pierce

Oh, so sad to hear! Sorry to hear of the loss!!!! Thoughts and prayers..
Regards,
Kristan

Back