A day with my boy and a pup (UPLAND GAME)

chris k

I took my son out for his first bird hunt last sunday and i also got my 8 month old lab out. We have a semi wild club on base here they stocks pheasant and chuckers, with this being my dogs first expierence with live birds i opted for chuckers nowing that they tend to hold tighter then a pheasant. My dog performed great she would get on to the sent of the bird and like predicted the birds held tight and she really got to get a full nose full before they would flush. i would be incouraging her as she is working "find your bird find your bird good girl" and my son who is 3 is saying thats my bird while sucking on a lollipop or what ever other snack he had stashed in his vest. we finished off the day with 5 chuckers here is a few pictures they tell the story better then i ever could.

View attachment bird hunt1.jpg
View attachment bird hunt2.jpg
View attachment bird hunt3.jpg
View attachment bird hunt4.jpg
View attachment bird hunt 5.jpg

Great Job Mr. Kean!!

Your father has done well and so are you,,, Hope you all have a great Thanks Giving.. Tell your Dad I said hello.

Randy

Hey Randy I grew up hearing a lot of stories of all you guys. I passed the hello along to my dad. Maybe we can get together for a hunt sometime?

Very nice, Chris. I like that 4th shot with a happy son, a happy dad, and the same goes for your pup.
Al

I would be honored to join you guys... please only believe half of what you are told!!!!! lol I will get in touch with dad.. keep up the fine job. Hey Randy I grew up hearing a lot of stories of all you guys. I passed the hello along to my dad. Maybe we can get together for a hunt sometime?

Great photos with your son. I bet your pups attitude will completely change now whenever you grab a gun case. Once it's turned on there is no going back. :)

Tim

Back