All this talk about doubles...Zabala Hermanos

Zabala is a good gun for the money, infact 2 or 3 times the money. In England, some Zabala ten gauges with thick barrel walls are reamed out to make 8ga. If a guns action can stand up to that, they are very tough.

The 10ga I use for steel shot is an AYA, but if you open the chokes I wouldn't hesitate to own a Zabala.

Hey Mike,

Great info, now with all this info from everyone, it will probably be gone. In reality, 99% of the hunters that go to that shop where I saw it are almost exclusively deer hunters, the odds of another goof ball looking for a 20 gauge double is slim... of course I wasn't really looking for one...but that is when the best things come along.

Best
Chuck

Get on it Carlos, I may have someone run up and pick it up if you don't hurry.

Zabala is a good gun for the money, infact 2 or 3 times the money. In England, some Zabala ten gauges with thick barrel walls are reamed out to make 8ga. If a guns action can stand up to that, they are very tough.

The 10ga I use for steel shot is an AYA, but if you open the chokes I wouldn't hesitate to own a Zabala.

Hey Mike,

Great info, now with all this info from everyone, it will probably be gone. In reality, 99% of the hunters that go to that shop where I saw it are almost exclusively deer hunters, the odds of another goof ball looking for a 20 gauge double is slim... of course I wasn't really looking for one...but that is when the best things come along.

Best
Chuck

Get on it Carlos, I may have someone run up and pick it up if you don't hurry.

I snooze, I loose...I figured if it were meant to be, it would still be there, and it wasn't.

Chuck, buy the gun, keep the original barrel length and open the chokes to Imp Cyl in both barrels. Then while you have it at the gun smith's, have him lengthen the forcing cones. When all that work is done, you have a gun that shoots respectably tight patterns with hard shot, kicks less, and since the chokes have been opened up, you'll be able to use lead in it for upland and get usable patterns there also.

Plus you can use it at the skeet field and teach new shooters with a light kicking gun.

I love spending other people's money.....

John

Back