An account of the last 4 days.

Phil Nowack

While it was very enjoyable to hunt with Jim Bosanny.... and took a GWT with Boz's old Marlin O/U, on the first shot....

FOG rolled in, and there were very few birds and very little wind...

You might get a feel for the hunt from the consistent photos...

Last edited:
Lots of fun to hunt with Phil and his pup. Even though the birds weren't cooperating any day on the big river is a good day. Here are a couple more shots from our outing. Thanks for putting up with me Phil.

Wow you guys are tough,you hunt with brown bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for the write up and pictures great to see someone is hunting waterfowl. If that were down here there would be a bass boat in the background .

Other than a few woodys,grebes and resident honkers we are basically duckless.

I am sure Boz would have enjoyed it anyway.

The first photo is priceless. The second one makes you wonder.
IS He guarding that cup or was their a bit of BRANDY in it and he is sleeping it off.

Putting up with you was quite enjoyable.

I find that the bear is the most formidable retriever. They ALWAYS get the bird... they just don't always GIVE the bird.

Plenty of grebes and coots... a few woodies.. and TOO many damn bass boats and fishermen!!!

The first photo is priceless. The second one makes you wonder.
IS He guarding that cup or was their a bit of BRANDY in it and he is sleeping it off.

HA! the coffee wouldn't even keep him awake!

I think I know that spot at least in the last photo! Any day on the river is a good day.

Bill, I was thinking the same thing when you mentioned hunting with a brown bear. I have observed Kodiak brown bears that look just like that when curled up and sleeping!

Phil, that were wonderful pictures. Glad to know that you and Jim had a good time being out there.

By the way, that had to feel very good to put down that duck with Boz's ol shotgun.
Al

Back