Another stupid picture question...

Chuck J

Okay, I'm not an idiot on a computer, but I'm scratching my head. I took these pictures with my iPhone, portrait (up and down) oriented. In an effort to avoid photobucket, I plug my phone into my computer and try and use Paint to resize them. For some reason the coding on the file telling the 'puter which way to turn the picture doesn't work on Paint, so the picture is on it's side...no problem, I rotate it (resize it too) and save it. Looks good, upload to imgur.com and what the heck???it's turned sideways again...PB has an edit function where you can rotate after upload, but I don't see that on imgur. They right all this fancy codes onto pictures to make it "easier" but how is this easier? How do I get the rotation saved perminately?

Thanks
Chuck

Chuck,

That is exactly why I do not have a smart phone. I figure I would need to be smarter than the phone in order to use it.

Chuck,

That is exactly why I do not have a smart phone. I figure I would need to be smarter than the phone in order to use it.

I think the phone is out smarting me...or maybe just messing with me...

What's wierd is it is orientated correctly on the phone screen. Once I get it on the 'puter it is off. I can correct it, save it, view it corrected on the 'puter but once I upload it it's off again.

Chuck

PS technology does NOT make life easier!

I'd like to help you out Chuck, but my Jitterbug doesn't take pictures :)

Dave,

That's funny! Have you met Jeff Vanderveen? He doesn't have a computer, he doesn't have a cell phone, I'm not sure if he even has an answering machine...I'm jealous!

Chuck

To anyone who actually cared...I think I figured it out...when I opened the picture in Paint, it doesn't read the orientation in the file to right it, so I turned it 90 degrees...but when I uploaded the file, it read the code, and turned it 90 degrees...again. The pictures were on their sides, but turned 180 from the original look when I opened in Paint. And I found and figured out the edit functions on imgur too.

Best
Chuck

Back