Anyone tried Federal BlackCloud Ammo ?

heck I've been shooting cheaper shells than your "xperts" on my puddle ducks so far this year.....this stuff is so cheap that on some of the shells I'm tempted to wrap them with duct tape so they don't fall apart from "rough handling"....Sportsman....Remington's I think but I'm not sure anymore because when the boxes rub together all the printing falls off.....2-3/4" 6's and they kill those candyass puddle ducks stone dead when I hit them where I'm supposed to.....when I don't they either fall in the little ponds I'm shooting or on dry ground where Mike makes short work of them......

Definately no reason to use anything but on ducks like that......

When we switch over to big water those shells won't do the job anymore and we'll start in on the shells that we can get wet without worrying about it....

Steve

Thanks for your detailed response.

Let me know what you think of it at the end of season, especially if you get to use it on some of those Scoters.

Take care and shoot straight.

I hear those White Wings die hard ! Should be a good test.

Come this Saturday I'll be shooting Drylocks at our "raunchy in-land ducks". LOL

Take care and shoot straight.

Kevin,
Yes on the video and the book. It opened up my eyes just as wide as Bob Bristers book did. If a guy wants to know what goes on with his shotgun those two sources are a good place to start.
As stated #6 from sears would work fine on the in close stuff, and has. But some of the more distant shots do require a better load.......that said, Roster and Brister clearly showed that the shooter is the limiting factor 8 times out of 10 not the load. Hitting a moving target that far away requires a darn fine ballistic computer to factor the wide range of variables.
That is why Mark is right that the money, for most, would be better spent on decoys\camo\whatever to get the birds in closer for an better shot

Last edited:
Steve,
Glad to hear two things,
first, that the doctor said OK and it is working out with the shooting,
second, that you drive mostly on the left coast.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures from the hunt. Sounds like quite a group and a good time.

used to carry on of the kids 20 gauge 870's with sportsman steel 7's during the full moon for snipe. never been a fan of remington steel, but its hard to find 7 shot in steel, and wanted to be legal on a duck hunt. shot a few sucidal pintails wif it, but never shot anything else, but at 40 foot, rocksalt would kill. travis

Any girls at the back of the pack that look like they need a place to call home?

Back