Army net for next automn

Stef

I want to know where is the best place to buy a army net for my duckboat for next automn

Thanks

Stef - cabelas also has some blind material that is drap and cut into a million slits - works very well and doesn't take any space when not in use.
sarge

Google the Barre VT. surplus place, they had the best prices I've found.

Are you the same Stef from Trappnman's ?

Hi Stef, glad to see you on here again.

Make sure you know what you are buying when you look for military surplus netting. I bought some years ago and it was so heavy that I rarely used it. When it got wet it was worse.

Friend of mine bought some fish net from memphis net and twine. Tied strips of burlap , Marsh grass, pieces of cloth, raffia grass etc.to it, did a great job and didnt cost a lot of money.

Hello Stef, I have to agree with teh others. I personally think its best to pay a little bit more and get a net that is rot proof, dries quick and has a 3D effect. I would suggest that you see it with your own eyes. I have 3 nets in my garage that just dont cut it. Either they hold water or they have a shine, even after i have covered them with mub. A mate of mine bought a ex-army camo gortex coat for a snap looked the business until we were on a flight and the birds flared off from it like he was wearing a beacon.

The same guy bought a speacial one way net he got of ebay,last year, Gost net, works great if you have a hedge or wood behind you but becomes transparent when its out on the mash with no back ground.

I use a hesian realtree materal (about 8years old) and dress it with my surroundings sewed loops on it to stuff stuff in, sure you could by these already added.

So buy a net that is designed for the job. Just my 10pence worth..

Scotty

No contest, Barre has the best camo netting price and selection out there.

Steph,
Try Camo Systems. They have 3 different weights of netting and a great color selection.
I recently bought a new Duckwater boat. I ordered the light weight netting they had in 3 different colors and mixed it up a little. Wire tied it to my boat blind and it works great. The material doesn't shine, it's 3d,and it won't rot. We hunted my boat around 45 days this year and the blind worked well in all light and weather conditions for puddlers as well as divers. just my 2 cents.
Drew

Thanks you all , i appreciated , and i take a look to Vermont .. look like have good stuff

Bushy Ridge all the way. Tied the rest and they all had problems. The Bushy ridge material hs lasted many many season and is still as good as the day I bought it. I believe Cabelas still has some of the material and if not, Goole it and you'l find it. Costs more than the rest but in this case you get what you pay for.

Mark W

I have a Camo Systems 3ft.x9ft. weighs .75lbs I carry it in my decoy bag to hide when walk in hunting. It works great! Brown on one side green on the other, so depending on what your trying to hide in it works very well and breaks up your profile.

Back