BB3 build with Phil the chessie

Joe:

How does your BBB III handle with ur surface drive, I have BBB III in garage and a surface drive but I have yet to mount the surface drive, just curious on how it works for you.

Thanks,

John

The backwater has been great. You may not be as fast but I go where other guys are not. I did do a slight mod to bottom of boat . Aft back I took out a couple of degrees to flat out which I really didn't need I guess other guys are just fine. But I am running in 10" water no problem full of veg. Hopefully next week Iam going to put a video on utube.

WOW!!! Joe, you really knocked it out of the park on that one. What are the white lines between your mahogany strips? What a fantastic job!

Joe caldwell said:
Thanks guys. The white lines are resin and fiberglass bubbles.

Joe, it looks like you tailored the transom for the surface drive. Any close-ups you could share or details of your design?

Joe

Wow! Beautiful build. I am glad the backwater longtail worked out for you and I am sure you will be as happy with it as I am. I was running mine in 4" of water yesterday.

The Phil you built yours with is much better looking [w00t]

Andrew L. said:
Joe

Wow! Beautiful build. I am glad the backwater longtail worked out for you and I am sure you will be as happy with it as I am. I was running mine in 4" of water yesterday.

The Phil you built yours with is much better looking [w00t]

HA...True, I am ok with that!

BTW Joe

i showed my wife your pics of the boat

she said is was very nice and added - he isn't really going to use it for hunting is he [smile]

reminds us of the classic mahogany runabouts that were fading into history when we were kids in NY's Finger Lakes

Yea I've heard that before but I build it to use. Hopefully one day my grand kids will learn to hunt from it. And I've always dreamed of restoring a Chris craft. Tell her thank you!

Back