Beachcombers find!!!

Shermie

so a buddy of mine says hey you want a few bouys?? sure i says maybe i can make a deke out of them .ive dont different ones over the years but these one i decided to make a goose dipper style ..

make sumthing out a sumthing else one never knows where your imagination will lead you ,junk is junk right??

lol here they are ,they are mirrored on each side and to be anchored on the nose only ,i figure it will give a little motion to the dekes..

08bouydekes.jpg

so what do ya think fellers??too funny or what??

Shermie,
Interesting. I bet they at least don't hurt anything and best case may provide just that little extra attraction we all hope to figure out. Have you tried them in water yet? Just wonder if all that float underneath would help it want to lay over or how much ballast/anchor weight you'll need.

Have a great season over there.

just fooling around i was one never knows ??

i was thinking with a nose anchor and a shortened anchor line that it may bob to and fro ,i imagine a heavy anchor for each one for sure ,to make it bob back and forth ,god knows how it will work ,if they dont ill just paint them all brown for a duck and float them normal in the bay o fundy..it will just add to my throw away decoy rig for hunting the bay o fundy..there all bouys turned dekes..

heres my new idea for hunting the BAy o Fundy Tides...
basicaly you make 2 eye bolts on rods and drive them intot he floor of the bay ,use a couple hundred feet of rope to make the loop down and back to the top where your blind is.attach your trho away decoy bouys or real ones and pull them out withthe tide or in withthe tide..
ill call it The Coco Bay rig

the first time using the drawing program so laugh all you want cuz im laughing to roflmao
BayofundyRig.jpg

ive made the rods with the eye lets on top,also drilled a number of holes crossway thru the rods to add spikes 10 inch long for 2 reason one to stop spin when pulling it in and out and to be able to pull them out at low tide.. the bottom one will be aprox 100 feet from blind and if you add on some more rope you will get a longer drift i suppose but thats over forty yards and i dont want Miss Daisy having to contend with the ripping tide going out and away.. so ill keep it close to shore..i usualy only hunt the incoming tide AS its not as scarey to watch the dawg fight the current to get back to shore..id rather her be pushed into shore.we have about 1 hour of a lull before it starts to leave us so thats when ill stop ,,the set is made so i can pick it up on the next tide unless sum arse picks it up for me lol...
oh for those of you who have not seen what im dealing with heres the 50 foot plus tidal area i hunt sumtimes its not my honey hole by the way ....
Shermie3031.jpg

Shermie3032.jpg

and when you miss there is the evidence for your buddy to laugh at you,notice there is no shape of the duck in the pattern ,insert laughing dog here ....
Shermie3039.jpg

Some might think these are silly but I know a guide that makes his own decoys and only uses crab pot bouy's and a hardwood (not sure what species) to make all his buffies, oldsquaws and bluebills. Hold up better than anything I have ever seen. He said go ahead and shoot it, so I very willing abliged and it took about 8-9 shots until it was not a noticable decoy. I was quite impressed. He said to me, now you know why I use then when you ask why dont you get some nice corks or E Allens.

Back