Brian Rippelmeyer's BB3

Andrew,thanks for posting the pics for me,I appreciate it! Getting close to being finished, getting excited about running it on the water. Any questions and comments are welcomed,Thanks Brian Rippelmeyer

Really looks nice. I'm thinking of doing something like that on my Estuary, just kidding Dave. No, but seriously I want to camo my Aquapod, I've got some stencils from Cabela's but haven't got around to it yet. I can see where a small sprayer would be better than trying to brush it on over the stencils. That's not the same type that they use for decoys, right? How are you going to take that shine off? Maybe I can pick something up at Westlake.

Oh Brian, that paint is all wrong.... So I'll offer to come take the boat off of your hands so you don't have to look at it. All that work.....

That is one of the nicest boats I've seen on here.

I can't wait to start one of my own.

Dan

Phil, and Dan thanks for the complimants,Phil, the stencils I bought were from cabelas as well,I bought the BIG ones,a Big mistake,I had to cut and modify them to work,I am using a airbrush with acryllic automotive paint,one problem with it is if you plan on doing multiple stencils with that paint,tape and adhesives will pull the color that you put down first,then you have to clear it to protect your first coat. That is why mine is shining,I have to have a discussion with the genius at the paint shop that claimed that the clear I purchased had plenty of flattener in it. I will be giving it another coat with plenty of flattener to dull it out. If you do use the stencils use stencil adhesive,Charlie Foulds told me about it and it works great,it prevents alot of overspray. Thanks Brian Rippelmeyer

Back