Camo Finish for Duckboat

I do not know your location in the US but if it is near Monroe, LA I know a guy that does excellent air brush work...You could probably get the boat down there and have the whole boat painted to a camo of your choice just as cheap or reasonable to one of those kits...

Regards,

Kristan

Do they make a kit for a Subaru? I'm pretty sure the ducks have learned to avoid my favorite bay when my gleaming silver Subaru is parked at the launch, and if I just camo it up next season, I'm sure I'll get more.

IMO, dont waste your money paying someone to paint your boat or buying all that fancy crap.
Ducks don't care about fancy camo jobs, only crazy hunters and the guys who sell it do.
Base coat of olive, marsh brown or open water grey and then a couple of cans of spray paint and a few stencils. Or just free-hand it.
And more importantly, be on the right spot and sit still!

Spam for breakfast?

Mmmmm...spam...

Really though, Jac, or 'J', or Mr. Clinto, are you looking for an honest opinion, or are you just spamming? I hope the former, in with case, I agree with Carl.

Chuck

Last edited:
Carl,
I bought a Jon Boat with a paint job almost identical to yours. What a horrible mess I thought. I was going to put glovit on the bottom and repaint anyway.

I went scouting on day and walked across the marsh, when I got back I was about 100 yards from the boat. The only I could realy see was the mud motor.

At least here on the tidal water it was a perfect match for the shoreline.

We paint all our sea duck boats an oil base Driftwood Gray solid deck stain. It is flat in sheen, holds up for a season of people, Chesapeakes, and the usual wear and tear and is invisible. We put two layout boats in a rig at times, and they work amazingly well in open water here like Gardiner's and Peconic Bays and the scoters, old squaws and eiders don't seem to notice them at all

Back