Can you smell their puppy breath?

Al Hansen

The timing of this litter couldn't have been better. What a God send to have them come along being born on St. Patrick's Day. Just two days ago we moved them out to the Puppy House where they will be for 3 weeks. I already miss the little tykes. There is no reason for me to complain because I have had a whole week with Cayenne here in the house. Then 4 weeks spent taking pictures almost daily with them all on the whelping box.

Can you smell their puppy breath?
Al

View attachment IMG_1773.JPG

All bets are off when their eyes open and that brand new set of hypodermic needles are in place.

View attachment IMG_1801.JPG

They demolished 2 pans of dry food this morning at the Puppy House. One male even figured out how to get back inside via the doggie door.

View attachment IMG_1806.JPG

View attachment _MG_1755.JPG

View attachment IMG_1143.JPG

Beautiful pups! There really isn't anything better in the world than Lab puppies!

My guy is just over a year old, and with time off work I keep thinking about getting another one!

Carl, it is good to hear from you. I hope you and your family are doing the best you can. Stay healthy.

I think that look came from the past couple of days in which the pups were all getting that new set of hypodermic needles in place. She had to make a few corrections when they were nursing. Took its toll I guess on her.
Al

Good morning, Charles. I like your avatar. Very cool. Heck you have a great looking pup there at your side. Before you know it, early teal season will be here. I happen to be a long distance dreamer.
Al

Hey Tim, thanks for the comment. Bev and I have a friend who hails from your neck of the woods. In fact, when she went back home to be with her family last fall, we made sure she had some cash in her billfold. We now have a gallon of first run maple syrup. Life doesn't get any better than that. Heather and her neighbor friend live only 32 miles from us up in the mountains at about the 8,000 ft. level. When they need supplies they will run to town. Whenever we have pups they will stop by for a quick fix of puppy breath. Like she told me last week, she can hardly wait until things get back to normal---if they ever do.
Al

Al Hansen said:
Good morning, Charles. I like your avatar. Very cool. Heck you have a great looking pup there at your side. Before you know it, early teal season will be here. I happen to be a long distance dreamer.
Al

Thank you for the kind words! That was my boy's first duck on a NJ diver hunt this past January. Never been so proud of a hen Bufflehead. He also retrieved what would have been a beautiful Drake Buff. that I would have possibly put on the wall, but he got a little too mouthy with it. We're working on that issue this spring!
View attachment IMG_2763_3.jpg

Hey Brad, I just found out that it is only 1,516 miles to windriverlabs. That means it is only 290 miles further to drive than I did last summer when I drove up to Sweetgrass Labradors that Doug and Nancy Bowman own. That is when I picked up Rico, our new chocolate sire.

I mentioned to Bev about the small world that you told me about. It is indeed getting smaller. Best of luck to you. I'll bet she will have just the pup you are looking for.
Al

Here is Rico. He is 10 months old now. The following shots were from the beginning of April when I took him along with Belize out to work on some doubles. I like working them where I end up hunting teal in Sept.---IF---we have water.

View attachment _MG_0960.JPGView attachment _MG_0388.JPG

View attachment _MG_0438.JPG

View attachment _MG_0528.JPG

That is a great shot of your pup in action, Charles. Thanks for posting it. I use a flasher bumper that I get from Roger's Sporting Goods in the Kansas City area. This bumper has some ridges on it that will not allow your dog to even try to crush it. Anyway, it has worked wonders for my pups. I like soft mouth retrievers and using these has really helped me out a lot.
Al

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/RG-WorkinDog-BumperFlash-6pk

View attachment _MG_9364.JPG

View attachment _MG_9415.JPG

View attachment _MG_1561.JPG

Belize dropped this on her way to me. Thought it was a quick reaction she had.

View attachment _MG_1081.JPG

Back