Canvas spray shield

Colin,
Here is a name of a canvas man who can MAKE ONE FOR YOU. he IS AN X DUCK HUNTER WHO HAS DONE A LOT OF DIFFERENT TYPE CANVAS WORK FOR A LOT OF US HUNTERS
name VAL BERNHARDT
16 PINE OAK DR.
LITTLE EGG HARBOR N.J.
HOME PHONE#609-296-7266
VERY GOOD CRAFTSMAN, paul

Hello; Check the web for Canvasbacks .com???? David Clark has been a poster here on the forum but not as late??? He built me a fantastic Garvey and included a spray shield and aft curtan. He was in Clayton NY at the time and moved east to maybe Deleware ?????? He build BBSB etc etc and was an excellent craftsman and great canvas guy. Hope this helps---not sure if he is very close to your local????

she makes a triangle traditional style spray sheild I think its $60 If its not on her site call or email her. I know a guy who still gets them from her on the regular so she still makes em and they are good thick canvas

Glad you are aware of her----I too have many of her bags but was not aware she did spray shields. I bought my bags maybe five-six yrs ago.

Here's one done by Val, box canvas style with bonnet top...

PA030164.jpg

GOPR1005.jpg

Last edited:
As Scott said if you have the time you can make one your self. I did this one with the help of a friend who is a good sewer. I made the design and bent the frame. This past season was the first season I used it and it worked great. I went with this style because it keeps you out of the weather a lot more and also hides you a lot better. Here are a few pictures of the construction. The cost was about $150.

View attachment 147.jpg

View attachment 154.jpg

View attachment 174.jpg

View attachment 543.jpg

View attachment 553.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a nice job. I have a small foam boat that I made and I eventually will put a spray sheild on it. I like to do things myself so these all give me good ideas.

Back