CWA decoy fun day - Aug 27th

P. Revicki

The CWA decoy fun day is this Sat., who is planing on going? I hope to have a decoy or two done for the event.
Thanks Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Details

It's a good time, and a number of boats are usually in attendance too. Last year Jim G. had his new to him TDB, while I brought down my John Kuhn sneakbox. Once the decoy portion is over the trap range opens.

Scott

It is a great day of just decoys, duckboats and talking hunting. Also if you have decoys or gear that you want to sell or trade bring it along. Also it looks like it will be good weather again.
Thanks Pete

A good time for sure. Looks like i'll have to work that day, but if anything changes i'll definately be down there decoys in tow. Any Rhode Islanders headed down ? I'd like to enter a few blocks even if i can't make it, maybe they can hitch a ride with someone.

Mike

It's sure to be a great day. Just wanted to let people know that if they come in from the Franklin/Lebanon side (Route 87) there's a detour on Waterman Road. Follow the detour signs to Goshen Hill Road. It's an extra five minutes. Better yet, come from the Route 2 side.

I'm making the trip down. What time is registration? I think its gonna take me like five hours so hopefully not til like noon.

eddie

Hey Ed, I think we normally call it at about noon....

If I can finish rebuilding my trailer I will be bringing my almost finished Zack Taylor wigeon...hope to see some other rigs there too!
decking6.jpg

Last edited:
Jason, I plan to post a full build in a couple weeks when I finish. Its built to plan from the book "successful waterfowling". 11'9x4'.

I don't have internet at the house at the moment, but when everything is back up and running I will post pics. Pete R. won with a black Duck!

Hey Mike,
It was a good time as always and there where some great decoys. I guess you are just going to have to whip me at the festival. Sitting here just listening to the wind outside. It is not raining that hard it looks like it is going more west of me. I hope the N.J. guys are hanging in there.
Thanks Pete

Back