Duck hunting in Pennsylvania

Hey guys Iam interviewing for a position in the Philadelphia area and was wondering what duck hunting is like??? I m from the midwest and look forward to it every year, hoping I will be able to still hunt. Any info would be great!!

Dan, I live in South Jersey. About 15-20 minutes from Philly. About 35-40 minutes from Atlantic City. I hunt the Jersey shore from Barnegat to Cape May. There is plenty of hunting here in Jersey.....................Good luck, Philly is a fun city........................"Go Phils"..................Kevin

Hey Dan-I'm not far from Kevin, he tells it right. There is decent hunting around. Let us know if you make it out here, we'll see if we can fix you up.

Thanks for the info guys! I lived all my life in Iowa so it would be really different. This company is in Fort Washington, know anything about the area??

It's a good area, basically north of Philly. There are many nice towns in the general area. You have good access to the Philadelphia(about 1/2 hour), the mountains in the northeast part of the state and the beach in Jersey(about 1-1/2 hours). NYC is about 2 hours, DC is about 3. Duck hunting in Jersey would be about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, but there might be some in PA closer that I don't know about. Feel free as you get closer to your decision or move to contact me, I live in South Jersey about 10 miles from Philly and have been here about 25 years, I would be glad to give you some ideas's or help if I can when it is time. <<gesetter@verizon.net>>

Hello Dan ,
We are practicly neighbors Iam also new to this site and I live in Abington . I have been hunting in pennsy since I was old enough that was back in 72 . I t took like 8 years to catch the waterfowl fever and maybe 2 years to realize that the best hunting is in Jersey but you need a boat . Give me a holler and we can talk aslways looking for extra shooters especiALY FOR THE SNOWGEESE .

Dan
Good luck with the interview mate.
take and God Bless
Eddie.
Its all about Building that Bond.

Back