Duckboat is grassed and ready to go for the Long Island opener...

Chris,

Your boat looks good. Are you going to hunt by you for the opener?
I'll be heading out Thankgiving morning for a quick one then Friday, Sunday and Monday if you want to get together again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

I'll be heading out Thankgiving morning for a quick one then Friday, Sunday and Monday if you want to get together again.

John... I always hunt the blind opening day with my father and uncle, family tradition. This year we will be enjoying elk breakfast sausage cooked in the blind, I got a 4x6 bull in Colorado.
Fri, Sat & Sun I plan on heading out in the boat, no plans on where yet. I would love to get together any of those mornings, I guess depending upon weather and tide. Lets keep in touch.

This year I can keep up to you... I have a 25hp on the back instead of a 15hp, just added the same fin as you have to the cavitation plate as it was riding nose high. Hoping to test & tune it this week.

I am going to work on a new oatboard motor cover as well, hoping to attach some marsh grass to burlap with some zip ties.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I'll talk to you later in the week and we will see how the weather plays out. We can always use to tender to get acroos to the barrier islands if the weather looks like it will be a problem.

Hey Rich,

You guys are making me hungry. I may have to run past your blind for some of that breakfast sausage. hehe

chris, boat will carry bow high with 25 hp. you mite try pulling pin on trim to get lower unit tight to hull or put shim on back side of transom plate top this will get same adjustment if pin needs to be in. good luck rick

Chris,

John... BTW, season is open Thurs -Sun, Monday it's closed.

Chris,

Thanks, I know. I got caught up in the moment. I hate split seasons...guess I'll have to grab my dive gear and go spear fishing Striped Bass or Blackfish instead.

Hopefully I will have a few photos posted on Monday, our season opens on Thanksgiving for four days, then closes until Dec 5th when the second split of the season opens.

Rob,

Your boats look great. Maybe I"ll see you out there. On second thought with those grass jobs maybe I wont
Good luck

Rob,
''Yours son and his friends'' Thats cheating
Is that canvas under that grass ?
The boats look great, ever year I say I am going with fastgrass and
save the time, but the boats really look great when grass with sparita
a long Island tradition

No canvas on the big boat,thats a wood blind I built a few years ago after the factory canvas finally gave out.I made it a little higher and wider and we can hunt 4 guys very comfortable..as far as cheating...LOL..hey if they want to do it and they do such a great job who am I to argue. : ) This was the first year I didnt grass the boats with them..We were busy at the shop and I needed to be there.

Real grass always looks the best. Nice grassing jobs by all the guys on here, if you want to send some of that super long salt hay this way feel free!

Back