Earthquakes, now Hurricane Irene....

Im just glad I havent found the time to make blinds this year. I have made them before and had storm surges rip them right out of the mud and float them across the cove and deposit them 15 yards from the water. thats a lot of work to do over. Good luck to everyone along the coast and to your friends and families.

dc

Looks like I bailed on Jersey just in time.
Things could get ugly.

Doug there saying this may track right up delaware bay. If that's the case you know your old stompin ground may get leveled! Hope the Duck Shack fares OK........

Looks like I bailed on Jersey just in time.
Things could get ugly.

Doug there saying this may track right up delaware bay. If that's the case you know your old stompin ground may get leveled! Hope the Duck Shack fares OK........

If the shack dont make it, Ill set up a refugee camp next to our pond for you guys.

Last edited:
Al-

If this hurricane follows the path the weather guessers are predicting, I would be SHOCKED if we see any rain from her...perhaps an afternoon thunderstorm...enough to make the air sticky and even more humid...they're predicting 40% chance of rain here for her....that's what we have everyday and it's a coin toss as to what we'll get and where we'll get it...

We may get some stiff breeze from her and definitely the big waves...in fact my brother is planning on coming home to surf this weekend b/c of it...but I am not holding my breath on the rain....

Dani

We've already got predictions that some parts of Maine will see 5+ inches. I'm supposed to be on a canoe trip M, T, W on a piece of river with some serious whitewater. I don't think we're going if we get another big dump of rain; flows are already near record high for late August.

Should be an interesting weekend. County OEM is already talking evacuations depending on the projected path.

I live a block from the beach in south Jersey I hope it turns out to sea

I hope so too, I'm only a mile or so inland, directly in the path of this mornings predicted landfall. Nothing like procrastination, I've been thinking about cutting a number of 30" beech trees which overhang and shade the house, hopefully they won't be laying across the roof after this weekend. Our two story house would likely become a "flat" real quick.

I hope for the best for everyone. My wife has been on the phone already as we have alot of family in the Fortescue area. Trying to convince them to come stay with us for the weekend.

I hope so too, I'm only a mile or so inland, directly in the path of this mornings predicted landfall. Nothing like procrastination, I've been thinking about cutting a number of 30" beech trees which overhang and shade the house, hopefully they won't be laying across the roof after this weekend. Our two story house would likely become a "flat" real quick.

Looking at the latest forecast, I think you guys are hoping for something that's not likely. The predicted track follows the coastline from the Outer Banks up the Jersey Coast, crosses Long Island, and heads inland into southern New England. It looks ugly for the Mid Atlantic, Long Island and Connecticut.

I've been through 4 of these things and it aint no fun: Georges, Danny, Ivan and Katrina. All were different and all 4 sucked, sucked even worse for the people caught to close to the water.

We have a saying here, shelter from wind, run from water.

Chris, if I was you, I would be making plans to secure the house and bug out.
1 block from the beach will not be a safe place to be if this thing holds to the forecast.

At the very least, get all your valuables off the 1st floor and get emergency supplies ready.
Gas the truck up, get at least 4 gallons of drinking water, make sure your camp stove has fuel and stock up on some non-perishable food that is easy to cook.
Be prepared!!!!

I've been through 4 of these things and it aint no fun: Georges, Danny, Ivan and Katrina. All were different and all 4 sucked, sucked even worse for the people caught to close to the water.

We have a saying here, shelter from wind, run from water.

Chris, if I was you, I would be making plans to secure the house and bug out.
1 block from the beach will not be a safe place to be if this thing holds to the forecast.

At the very least, get all your valuables off the 1st floor and get emergency supplies ready.
Gas the truck up, get at least 4 gallons of drinking water, make sure your camp stove has fuel and stock up on some non-perishable food that is easy to cook.
Be prepared!!!!

Currently NOAA has landfall predicted about 20 miles east of us on the coast, we are 20 miles inland, though. 3 days is a long time, a lot can change.

Yep, a lot can change in 3 days, that is why being prepared to bug out or shelter in place is vital.

One day out and you are suddenly in the bullseye is not time to start preparing!!
This thing could make a Nor'easter look like a summer rain shower.

Not trying to scare y'all just offering some advice from experience.

The new update has it going right over NJ from south to north , think its time to take along week end if you know what I mean.
Stay safe everyone from my old stomping grounds in SJ.

Back