extension handle

joe citrano

I have a 2072 sea ark with a 50 hp 2 stroke merc tiller motor.i always stand while driving.i had a 20 yr old extension handle that broke last weekend.any suggestions on who makes a good one? Thanks.

2 hose clamps, a piece of bilge hose big enough to go around the throttle and the pvc pipe extension. I see a lot of commercial fisherman set it up this way. Looks like it works.

If you want a quality one, look into Strongarm Products. They custom make very solid, machined aluminum tiller extensions. I have one on my 35 Honda and it is great. Much better than the inexpensive floppy ones.

Or, like Jeffrey mentions, the PVC route will work.

Matt

Dont cheese on this, would you steer your car or truck with pvc pipe and hose clamps? I have a beautiful machined aluminum extension handle made by Bluepoint machine somewhere here in florida, on my 25 merc that is on my 31 mph, North Dakota boat. It is very similar to to others I have seen in earlier discussions on this very subject on this site check out these early posts. Rich

I posted this picture on the last thread about tiller handles. This handle is 12 or 14 years old, has a stop button on the end, and still feels precise and secure at speed. I use this boat for summer fishing as well as late fall hunting. The initial cost amounts to pocket change per year over the service life of the part and well worth it! Rich

Back