F/S 2009 Duck Water Duck Boat****SOLD*****

mike braden

2009 Duck Water Duck Boat

13 foot custom aluminum duck boat built by Steve Hoover
First one ever built
Hatch opening 33 x 72
New aluminum hatch cover
Fresh exterior paint in open water gray (Lou's FME paint)
Fresh interior paint in Ultra Matte Olive Camoflauge
Navagation Lights
Bilge Pump
In-line water/fuel separator
Decoy racks with curtains

Boat ran great with a 15 short shaft but a 9.9 will do. My son calls the boat "Rocket" it is very quick.
A Mud motor would be awesome on this boat to get to those hard to reach places.

2003 Sea Lion 1000lb trailer
New LED lights
New wiring
Tires are in great shape with bearing buddies

Selling because I decided to get a bigger boat for me and my son. Other than that the boat is in great shape and I wouldn't sell.

$2600 for boat and trailer. Title in hand for boat and current registration for trailer. Because of size, trailer can not be titled.

I have much more money into this rig b/c of having a cutsom made hatch cover and having the transome area modified by John Kuhn.

DSCN4239.jpg

DSCN4240.jpg

Fresh interior paint with Krylon Olive camo

DSCN4248.jpg

DSCN4250.jpg

DSCN4254.jpg

DSCN4253.jpg

Rear pic. Motor is not for sale. It runs fantastic and I know that I would kick myself if I ever sold it.

DSCN4245.jpg

I had John Kuhn modify the rear deck area so that my motor will sit flush with the transome. All other motors fits fine but for some reason my Yamaha did not. This modification totally solved any and all issues. Boat gets right up on plane from the hole shot.

DSCN4241.jpg

Brand new LED trailer lights that are submersible. Trailer has fresh wiring and bearing buddies have been freshly greased as well

DSCN4246.jpg

Last edited:
$2200 for boat and trailer. I did not use it this past season so inside is still clean with new paint.

For all you guys that ruined your fiberglass breaking ice this past season, time to get an aluminum ice breaker hull.

I am looking to hunt 2 people out of the boat and am wondering how deap the cockpit area is. Is there a blind with this boat? Thanks..

Boat can take two hunters but is better suited as a one hunter and one dog. Two guys would be too cramped to hunt right.

I did a set up like Brad Taylor does on his boats. Still have racks that I used and would have no use for them after boat sells

Last edited:
For anyone that cares: this is a good boat at a reasonable price. Seller has represented it honestly and looks like he has made the required hull changes to make this a nice rig. A great one man and dog boat, but tight for two and a dog. I have hunted out of my buddies Duck Water and agree it hides well and handles rough water like a heavier glass boat.

Last edited:
mike,
what is the weight of the boat? and how deep is the cockpit? also, do you have any photos of when or how you grassed it up?
thanks, steve

I am guessing that the boat weight is is around 300lbs.

Depth of cockpit is 23 inches +/-

Beam is approx. 53"

This was my first attepmt at grassing the boat. This is also the old paint that was on the boat.

3.jpg

Last edited:
Back