Fairly new guy

David Lewis

Sorry guys, got on last week and started asking questions without even saying who I was. Joined a while back, just really did not post before.

Anyway, I live in Arkansas, either over in the Arkansas River Valley or up at Tilly. Neither place has many ducks but I try to chase them anyway. Like to duck/deer/turkey hunt when I can, or just lay around on the porch at the cabin (that describes my deer hunting too). Like to carve, better at it since I carved with Jeff a few times before he moved off to the big city.

Planning on building a boat after duck season is over, only way I can get exactly what I want (if I knew what that was). I am 50, got 3 kids from 7 to 18 years old. I am an engineer by schooling, and I guess not much else to say.

You guys already been a big help when I posted before. Thanks.

Dave

Dave,

There is far more to duck hunting than shooting ducks, but it sounds like you figured that out on your own. Post up some picture of your carvings when you get a chance. Everybody likes pictures...Well I think so...I do, thats for sure.

Welcome
Chuck

Dave,
I know how you feel about a new boat.
I realy like the Devlin designs, but they are all too deep for the Texas coastal bays.
I wish there was a 14 - 16 foot boat plan out there with a very slight deadrise, and nil rocker from about 1/3 back. I need the bow to have a nice v with a moderate amount of "s shape" to cut the choppy waves on the bays and deflect the spray.
I'll probably keep fooling with the idea for a few more years.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome Dave,

Spent several years living in Arkansas chasing ducks on the White River and Beaver Lake....Chasing is the operative word there. So I know about the "not many ducks"....It's all good though. Like everybody else...always like pictures.

Take care,

Ed L.

Dave

Welcome to the site. Thanks for introducing yourself and we hope to see your name around more, even if you hang with the likes of Cassat :)

Thanks for the welcome, I will get some pictures posted when I get the boat started, even put some decoys on it. Found the perfect place for it this weekend, no way to get a big boat on it.

Good luck to everyone on their season.

Welcome to the site. Careful about building boats, you could be smitten, one, two, three,it never stops. Any way if it does happen post pictures.

Back