Few new pics for ya to kill some time on

Dave Shady Larsen

Got some more bands off the pond by the house the other day
swansikes002ksm.jpg
taken from about 180 yards with the 2x adapter on hand held a lil blurry​
swansikes029ksm.jpg
There were 4 but 2 flew off and one came back to FIGHT! The canadas left the tub and watched from shore​
swansikes034ksm.jpg
showin a lil LEG​
swansikes023ksm.jpg
http://www.cattailproducts.com/SSmemberpics/swansikes034ksm.jpg
The other 2 were a pair not to be messed with​
PICT0001.JPG
Set of calls I made in the last 2 days for a local benefit this weekend. Single Reed Duck and Flute Goose​
PICT0003.JPG
Gut shot for Eric and Son. The Goose Call has a store bought insert from a guy on the net. I turned the Maple down and added​
a piece of 3/4" copper plumbing pipe to reinforce the wood so when you put the insert into the call on that THIN area it will not split.​
The duck is all mine no bought items. I am ordered some goose short reed gut sets from Knight and Hale and Keats to make some and will have Travis W tune them since I dont blow a short reed. I like the sound of a flute call but maybe someday Ill master a SR call.... or maybe not​
Well I better get going got yard work to do WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!​
Peace out - Dave​

I've had several to do it.....most grow out of it on their own. It is similar to thumb sucking and they will even fall asleep doing it (just like the cat you mentioned). It is pleasing to them and one of the reasons that Labs (I assume ) do this is the same reason they make great retrievers. They love to get something and hold it in their mouth. (Freudian equilalent to oral fixation) I have not attributed any bad side effects caused by it so if it doesn't bother you to bad just let it go.
Great Pictures by the way
Good Luck

Thank You Much Bill
That is HR South Wind Brody Jo JH. I am very proud of him. We are running in Kentucky this weekend trying to earn his Senior Hunter Title.
brodie013.JPG

Last edited:
Dave,
What are you putting on the copper to keep it from tarnishing? I have made a few barrels over the past couple of weeks and have made a few with copper bands I made out of 1 inch couplers cut down to 3/8. I sprayed a few with deft but I don't think it will hold up. Any suggestions? Shawn

On the goose calls nothing, I actualy dont care if it changes color since it wont be visible. Clear Lacquer Spray is about the best bet to keep it from changing colors. I dont band my calls and am only doing this to keep the area used strong and from splitin from the wedge insert.

We sell an Ace Clear Lacquer for metals in a spray can Id use on the exposed bands. That stuff would be better than the DEFT. Also try on your wood bodys MINWAX clear lacquer spray for wood. I have been using the Hi-Gloss and then scotch britin it back to satin after about 4 coats its GLASS.

Stock# 17027 Hi -Gloss
ACE SPRAY LACQUER *11 oz.
*Fast drying *Interior/exterior
*Use on metal or wood about $4.50 a can
493790.jpg

Ken Great lookin pup there what a lab should look like.... BLACK lol and a good lookin head thats for sure. Tell him gordys says hay and good luck!
kw1stsnowgordy021.jpg

Back