Flocked Black duck

Michael R Braun

Tried my hand at flocking what do you all think.

Flockedblack1.jpg

FlockedBlack2.jpg

Easy answer . . . how much ? !

Looks awesome. I was fixin to order some blackducks from you, but now I'll probably want them flocked!

Thanks for showing us pics.

NR

What exactly is "Flocking". I have a general idea it has something to do with adding something to the paint for texture, but kind of short on details. I know it often stirs up debate when it's brought up. I can say that from the looks of the blackie, it's got to be good. Great bird.​
Mike​

Hey Mr. Chase,

Flocking is almost like restle coating, but with "flocking." You paint on a special kind of glue, then apply the flocking material that you purchase. It gives the bird a velvety appearance that is dead flat. I have a whole bunch of magnum burlap canada geese that have flocked heads (the company made heads were already flocked.) They look pretty nice, and i was surprised how well it has stayed on, and i never bag decoys. It's worth a try. If i were you i would not flock any wooden or cork bird, but that's just me.

Here's a link,
http://www.fowlflocker.com/

Mike,

That black is sweet! I don't think its possible for you to make a decoy that doesn't look great. You know.... a flocked swan should be next!! :) Hell, casted swan are like $45! I'd rather buy some from an American, than a group of little Chinese kids. I hope everything is going well! I am so pumped that you are going to put some more birds in Ocean City again this year.

Take care,

Spencer

Last edited:
Looks good!

Haven't heard from you lately, Mike, any idea when our arrangement may arrive? Any plans on attending Westlake this year?

Thanks,

-Grant

Hey Mike, missed seeing you at Westlake.

So, how about our arrangement? Haven't gotten a reply back from you regarding the shipment of the bird. Any idea when I should expect to see something?

Thanks,
Grant

Back