Game Strap

Tom

I thought the same thing, the smaller the loop the better the ankle hold. I wonder how well a hangman's noose would work. They work well for a duck call but might be a little too difficult to loosen.

a hangman's will work but getting wet and then drying over and over will stiffen the knot considerably. I have done hundreds of game straps and lanyards and am only talking from my experiences of doing them. I would also suggest finding a maker that would put a clip on the game strap so you can clip it to your bag so you do not lose it.

I agree with the clip... I had a wire game strap, that I bought from the son of a man I hunted Pheasants with in SD. Worked very well, til I clipped it to my belt loop on my hunting pants, instead of the belt. Not good, in thick brush bottom of the belt loop tore free. Lost, and not found. Never have seen another like it.

For a heavy duty leather strap:

http://www.coyotecoleather.com/bird.htm#coyoteheavyduckgoosestrap

I have has one of these for over 12 yrs with hard use and it still is in great shape. Leather is classic.

Eric, I have a para cord game strap by heavy hauler and I tend to lose ducks walking out. I think the problem lies in the knot on the ring, it's too big. My picture file is too big, so if you want a picture of it send me a message and I'll send it to you.

Dave, thanks for the offer but a couple fine fellas on the site have hooked me and Thomas up with custom game straps.

Vince, I'll have to look for that picture. I've held a few Beckhart duck calls in my hand and have always been interested in him as a historical waterfowler.

Back