GERRR--RROOONNN -EEEEE- MOOoooooooo

had a dozen cameras set up to catch all those angles or he wore those little guys out putting them back into the nest for the "next" shot......didn't count em as they jumped out but the hen only left with four.....must have been some casualties on the repeated jumps.....

Must have been a Marty Stouffer acolyte.......

Steve

That's from the BBC series "Planet Earth". We rented that on Netflix. If you've never seen it, treat yourself. It is a magnificent film.

Ed.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m37.l1311&satitle=bbc+planet+earth&category0=

Agree. The planet earth series is amazing. If you haven't seen it, they also have a 'making of the planet earth' show which explains how they captured some of the most amazing scenes on camera.

Steve - you gotta check it out.

but that doesn't mean that it wasn't done with the best interest of the "film" in mind....

Ten ducklings make the leap...four ducklings with the hen at the end.....either someone is missing or those were multiple retakes cause there's no way there were 6 different high speed cameras deployed on one Wood Duck nest where in the "real World" the hatching time might not have been "perfect".....

It's not that I "dis-like" the film cause I don't I just dislike the manipulation to get it.....I hated Stauffer and this smacks of his "staged" crap....

Obviously thats just me....

Steve

but that doesn't mean that it wasn't done with the best interest of the "film" in mind....

Ten ducklings make the leap...four ducklings with the hen at the end.....either someone is missing or those were multiple retakes cause there's no way there were 6 different high speed cameras deployed on one Wood Duck nest where in the "real World" the hatching time might not have been "perfect".....

It's not that I "dis-like" the film cause I don't I just dislike the manipulation to get it.....I hated Stauffer and this smacks of his "staged" crap....

Obviously thats just me....

Steve

Naw, nuttin like Marty. He would have had a fox fenced in below the hole to grab the ducklings as they dropped, then a badger would have waddled in and started to fight with the fox.
"This is our wild america."

Tim

and continue to watch it every time it shows.....plus I'm waiting anxiously for the next three part series that comes out at the end of this month.....that said I still dislike the "manipulation" of the subject matter to get the shot....and especially so when that manipulation is not in the best interest of the subject matter......

When the "shot" superceeds the well being of the subject then the "shot" and not the "subject" should suffer......thats waht I'm saying about this particular clip....

Steve

Back