GETTING READY FOR NEXT YEAR...

thanks guys, but does it look real or should i go back to stock (all brown). when grassed up you dont see much of the boat. it just looks plain with out. i guess the fish dont care.

thanks. i was stressing if i should of left it alone. it did look good stock. i need to get back to work to much time on my hands. lol.

Looks real good. Thanks for painting the o.b., I hate it when I see a great camo job and then the blue/silver/white motor stickin' out like a flag. I know you can cover it but in my opinion just paint it! Good luck!
-

Looks really good. But you had better pace yourself or you'll be suck planting flowers and other less manly things by summer. You need to be able to tell the Mrs., sorry I really have to work on boat, decoys etc before September gets here. :) Is that a 15'dw? I have a 17' and have thought about Doing the same.

Gene

Very nice Todd that will work just fine. The idea behind camo is to break up the lines of the boat and you've done that. Nice looking rig. But take Gene's advice pace yourself or you wont have anything to do during the summer except the honey do list. :)

Our wives think we are crazy. My wife sees no value in paint and grass and camo. I won't fix a hole in a shirt, but I'll spend days sewing canvas.
Great handy work on the boat, it ashamed to cover it, but you must.

I AGREE, JUST GOT THE CALL LOOKS LIKE ILL BE BACK IN A CRANE ON MON.(I PICK THINGS UP I PUT THEM DOWN)!!!. THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD FEEDBACK.

Looks great to me!
Is this the jack plate we've been discussing?
Looks like you could lower it some more to get some mroe upward travel. That means extra holes in the transom but should be worth it give the rocky coastline you are dealing with.

Carl, not to be argumentative but how would lowering the Jackplate help the rocky coastline?
The idea is to get the engine out of the water as much as possible, and still be able to push the boat in shallow water. I would understand if he wanted to go to a 15 inch shaft, it would make more sense.
I did measure for short shaft when i was getting a engine for the boat, everyone who looked at it agreed it would cavitate too much when turning... believe me, i did not want to pay the extra $700 for that plate but it was the best option. If I miss understood you I appologize. I just dont want todd to drill any unnecessary holes in the transom.

Todd way to go nothin like messin with your gear and getting it ready,,,i just got my order for goose dippers for next year in the mail only 8.99 for plastic ones,,but i think the pile of foam i have may turn into a few as well,,,,

i love the paint job the farther away you get it is awesome....

may the luck of the irish fall on you next season ,with spent shells and feather fluff on the floor of you right fine bateau....

shermie...

Back