Give those Traveling Decoys names...

Chuck J

Rule #! - NO DECOY SHALL EVER BE NAMED POPCORN!

Rule #2 - I like to hear the carvers input, if they have something in mind already, or if they hear something from the peanut gallery they like, I usually go with that.

That's it for rules, the peanut gallery is officially open...

Bluebill Hen by Tom Modin

TomModinBB.jpg

Greenwing Teal hen by Tom Barb

TomBarbTeal.jpg

Fire away boys!

bessie and tessie--Course they already have names, silly!
They are called decoys, unless someone spells them wif a R!

Rule #2 - I like to hear the carvers input, if they have something in mind already, or if they hear something from the peanut gallery they like, I usually go with that.

So what happens if BOTH carvers like the name "Popcorn"? Do they end up with identical names?

I did not necessarily have a name in mind, but seeing as we had a Jersey boy last year, Jersey girl has a nice ring to it.

Side note, This bird is the rigmate to a drake green wing that I carved. The drake was given to my grandfather in his final days and he requested to have it next to him when he was laid to rest. I'm very excited to have the hen have an extraordinary story as well. Maybe that will be some inspiration for some other names.

Let's hear some others.

So what happens if BOTH carvers like the name "Popcorn"? Do they end up with identical names?

INCONCEIVABLE!

Guys, keep in mind BOTH decoys are hens...ie. male female duo names really don't fit...

With that said, via PM from Tom Modin:

Brown Betty?

My own suggestions on female duos:

Laverne and Shirley
Thelma and Louise
Lucy and Ethel

Back