Give those Traveling Decoys names...

There was a girl on some Alaskan gun show they called Phred...they made it clear it was spelled with a "Ph" though, and it was just her nickname.

I thought of Barbie too, but thought that was just too easy...

Steve

I like the suggestions above. To honor multiple parties, we can name them like race horses or fancy dogs.

For the teal, Freddie's Jersey Girl Laverne. Purists may call her Laverne for short, and those who know her well can call her Smart Food. Or maybe Cracker Jack.

Hanna and Barbera

439710.jpg

I'm not sure what I think of 'Jersey Girl' since we just got done with 'Jersey Boy' but how about "Tom-Boy' and 'Jersey-Girl'?

Cartoons and popcorn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, couldn't get any better!

Okay, I best finalize this...since you are so tenacious...If you really want to have a Traveling Decoy named 'Popcorn', then I challenge you to carve a deek fitting of that name. It shouldn't be just a mallard, but one of those ugly, so fat they can't fly but 20 feet Mallard X farm duck that sit in the park, eating Wonder bread, goose greese and ...wait for it...yes, popcorn. Then and only then shall any DHBP Traveling Decoy be named 'Popcorn'.

That, Dave, is my challenge to you...and in the meantime, purely out of respect, the name 'Popcorn' shall be reserved for you and no other decoy shall steal it from you.

Chuck

Chuck,

I thought when you posted "Hanna and Barbera " that you HAD finalized the names. My reply was not a name suggestion, I was merely commenting on the picture full of cartoon characters you posted. Sorry for the confusion.

Chuck,

I thought when you posted "Hanna and Barbera " that you HAD finalized the names. My reply was not a name suggestion, I was merely commenting on the picture full of cartoon characters you posted. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll still stand by my challenge...

And just to remind everyone of the cool names we've had over they years:

2006-2007
Woodrow – Woodduck

2007-2008
King – Canvasback
Suzie – Mallard

2008-2009
The Robber – Widgeon

2009-2010
Mr. Lee – Bluebill
Colby – Blackduck

2010-2011
Adonis – Mallard

2011-2012
Lady M – Mallard
James – Goldeneye

2012-2013
Side-by-sides – Teal Pair
Jarhead – Bluebill

2013-2014
Lord Yooper – Goldeneye
Jersey Boy - Widgeon

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Cartoons and popcorn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, couldn't get any better!

Okay, I best finalize this...since you are so tenacious...If you really want to have a Traveling Decoy named 'Popcorn', then I challenge you to carve a deek fitting of that name. It shouldn't be just a mallard, but one of those ugly, so fat they can't fly but 20 feet Mallard X farm duck that sit in the park, eating Wonder bread, goose greese and ...wait for it...yes, popcorn. Then and only then shall any DHBP Traveling Decoy be named 'Popcorn'.

That, Dave, is my challenge to you...and in the meantime, purely out of respect, the name 'Popcorn' shall be reserved for you and no other decoy shall steal it from you.

Chuck

That's a fairly accurate description of my decoy carving. :>)
[/font]

I like the idea of the 2 girls names. As chuck mentioned Laverne and Shirley or Thelma and Louise. 2 girls on a mission.

My vote is for gun slinging women: Thelma and Louise.

So, I hear a second, eah...

I don' think I ever actually saw that movie...but I do remember the Wayne's World spoof of it...

waynes_world_2_42_thelma_et_louise.jpg

And for that matter they spoofed Laverne and Shirley too...

10.jpg

So...any objections to "Thelma and Louise"??? Particularly from Tom Modin? I just hope the decoys don't end the season driving into a canyon...

Back