Great South Bay Scooter

Great South Bay Scooter

Eric Patterson submitted a new resource:

Great South Bay Scooter - Great South Bay Scooter from Sports Afield Boatbuilding Annual

Read more about this resource...
Eric and Richard~

I have a modest collection vintage - 40s, 50, 60s - Sports Afield, Outdoor Life Field & Stream. I subscribed to Sports Afield from 1964 to 1968 or so. Boat Editor Zack Taylor was a favorite - as is his Successful Waterfowling. I never had the SA Boatbuilding Annual - but wish I did. I may need to see what's on the interwebs....

I appreciate you and Richard unearthing all this gold!

SJS

Steve,

I have a more recent memory of Zack Taylor. You may recall that he edited and compiled many of the Gordon MacQuarrie stories in The Old Duck Hunters and Other Drivel and several other books. Zack retired to Easton, MD and lived a short distance from our home. My son and I are MacQuarrie fans, and when he was young, we often read Old Duck Hunters stories at bedtime. When he was about 12 years old, we visited Mr Taylor. He graciously welcomed us into his home where we talked about MacQuarrie and his stories. Before we left, he gave our son several autographed MacQuarrie books and a set of the Old Duck Hunters CDs. That was a long time ago and Zack is long gone now. Good memories.

Matt

Steve

Richard is pretty good and finding things so he gets the credit for a lot of today's additions to the Resources section. If you or anybody else finds some duck boat plans or other pertinent info I'm happy to add to the Resources section.

Steve,

I have a more recent memory of Zack Taylor. You may recall that he edited and compiled many of the Gordon MacQuarrie stories in The Old Duck Hunters and Other Drivel and several other books. Zack retired to Easton, MD and lived a short distance from our home. My son and I are MacQuarrie fans, and when he was young, we often read Old Duck Hunters stories at bedtime. When he was about 12 years old, we visited Mr Taylor. He graciously welcomed us into his home where we talked about MacQuarrie and his stories. Before we left, he gave our son several autographed MacQuarrie books and a set of the Old Duck Hunters CDs. That was a long time ago and Zack is long gone now. Good memories.

Matt
Good morning, Matt~

Good for you! I read Successful Waterfowling every few years - and recommend it to all new "tidewater" gunners.

All the best,

SJS

Steve,

Matt
Both Zack Taylor and Howard Chappelle both retired to Easton, MD area.

Back