Greyhounds of the sky...

Bob, didn't you know that in the summer months all ducks are brown, then as winter approaches they get their beautiful plumage? This bull sprig just matured a lot earlier than most. I think it goes like that----My gosh he is one great looker!
Al

Al Hansen sent me a bunch of wonderful pintail photos this morning, but this pinnie in one of the the photos really caught my eye.
This one is facing the direction of the "other" drake in this set and it sure does depict what I had in mind with the pattern.

View attachment IMG_8073.jpg

I mentioned to Al that it was one of his pintail pictures posted about a year ago that caused me to make an adjustment to the paint scheme I was using on the last set of tertial feathers on my pintail drake carvings. Guess we never stop learning. Nature does indeed reveal "parcels of truth"; sometimes we just need to look more carefully.

Super bob like always .... and always afraid to put that piece of art in the true hunt story ....

As always great looking birds. Was out the first two weekends of the season and missed opportunities on pinnies both times.

Tight Lines ... Fred

Back