Gun Question (Remington guns)

harry whitley

Shot skeet yesterday for the first time in many years as I wanted to get out of the house and try out my new Remington "steel shot" barrell on an old 1100. The gun functioned flawlessly with the 2 3/4 dram equivalent 2 3/4 " shot shells and I broke 47 out of 50 clays (not so bad for an old toot who is getting over a stroke and who hasn't shot skeet in many years). It got me thinking about getting back into the game.

My first question is, has anyone shot the new Remington/Baikal over unders and are they good guns. If so I might buy one and have a set of Briley tubes made for it so that I can shoot all 4 guages in skeet. My second question is, has anyone bought the new Remington 105 and what do they think of it ?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry- good to see you posting again. Hope all is going well. Sounds like some mighty fine shooting. As far as the gun goes- I don't personally own one, but from what I hear they are a decent gun for the money. The fit and finish isn't what you'll see on a more expensive gun, but then neither is the price. If you are going to get serious about shooting again though, I don't think that the action on the Baikal will hold up to # of rounds you'd put through it. I looked at one as well and that was the story I got. The hinge pins and firing pin arent made to handle serious target shooting. You might try a De Haan as they are a little better quality and still under $1000. Given the price of a set of tubes- might as well get a gun that you know will last.

Another good site for info is www.shotgunworld.com. They have a dedicated forum for Baikal/Remington guns.

Shoot me an email and let's get together some time and break some clays.

Andy

Will do Pardner,
Thanks for the reply. I once had a Baikal auto and found it to be very servicable if a lttle plain. Kind of reminded me of a girl I dated as an undergrad. She was a lot of fun and very reliable but she wouldn't win any beauty contests. I had kinda sorta wondered since Remington had partnered with them if they had spent more time on fit/finish and pretty.
Best Always,
Harry

Oh,
You are supposed to take them outa the box. Next thing you'll say that you shouldn't shoot ducks on the water especially when they are asleep.

Only change I know of since Remington partnered with them is price- but there certainly may be more to the deal than that.

A

Back