Happy Father's Day y'all

Thanks Dani, spent the morning chasing our local lake trout around on the lake that I live on. Always nice to just walk to the dock instead of trailering somewhere.

fathers day.jpg

fathers day 1.jpg

fathers day2.jpg

fathers day3.jpg

fathers day4.jpg

Glad to hear y'all had a good day. I spent the weekend with my dad. HE chose to cook, I just brought sides. He smoked some chickens (one for me and one for him) and we worked in the shop a bit, so it was fun for me too.

Troy, those are some dandy trout!!!! Look like fun to reel in. What do you use for bait? Or lure?

I haven't switched over to bait yet Dani. The hardware has still been producing well. Flatfish work well for Togue (lake trout) here. https://www.yakimabait.com/products/flatfish-f-3-to-f-7-treble/

I just troll them with sinking trolling line to get them close to or on the bottom and the wobble action of the lure moving back and forth in the soft mud can trigger the fish to strike. Another lure I use is made locally and is called a Bluebird, I bend them so they waif back and forth like an injured bait fish. I haven't caught anything real big yet, 24" is the largest and most being 20" +/-, but they are fun to catch.

Enjoy the summer and training.

Those yakima baits are pretty cool lures. I haven't seen those before.

I gotta look up the Bluebird lure....

Back