Has anyone been trapping?

John,
I'll keep that in mind. However by the time his wife decides it's a problem the trapping season will be over. So they will have to wait till next year and just keep the dams in check.

By the way, it looks like I'll be making several trips up to Oswego. My daughter has decided to pass on UMass at Ammhurst and save me some money by going to SUNY Oswego. She will be starting their Bio/Med program in September. So I'll have to catch up with you and your son when I come up that way.
I see some salmon fishing in my future.

John,
when you cook them do you have to watch out for glands or ay other little cooking tips. We had them two times at a game dinner.... once was not good, once was awesome.

Ideas?

The castor glands are between the rear legs and they are strong. However they are enclosed in some muscle tissue and if you keep things generally clean and steer clear of the castors when removing the hind legs you shouldn't have a problem. I always remove the meat before the castors to prevent tainting it.

It is very mild meat and I've heard of people doing a number of things such as roasting and pan frying. However I'm not much of a chef so I take the easy way out with the crock pot.

Back