Howdy

Greg Pearson

Many years ago I found duckboats.net. I don't think there was a forum back then but I used to really like to look at all the boats and decoys. Really cool stuff. I had not looked in along time but checked in a bit ago and found the forum. Thought I would join up.

My name is Greg, live in Utah, work in UT, CO and NM. Most of my waterfowling is in the Rocky Mountain states and a bit in Canada. I fish in WA, ID and BC a fair bit for steelhead.

here are some pics of my current fleet of floatables.

PC310074.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

A couple of the puddler. Also two fiberglass coffins that are common around the Great Salt Lake

DSC_0059_2.jpg

Prospector

P5060036.jpg

Clacka

PC210049.jpg

12' aluminum. Made for a local club. Not sure of the builder.

boatblind2.jpg

Blind that i made for it.

boatblindsam.jpg

The blind rolls up and stores under the front deck. My GSP wishing we were looking for chukar instead of messing with duck stuff.

201116ccMitziSkiff001.jpg

My new flats skiff. Just put a 50 mercury 4 stroke on it today. Hasn't been in the water yet.

Howdy doody to you to wow man your livin it on the large side welcome to the flock......awesome country side pics ....loved them ....dont be shy...

shermie...

What gorgeous scenery shots, Greg. Sure glad that you posted the pics. Looks like you have found found some marvelous places to hunt and fish. I wish you continued success. I, too, hope you continue to post pictures.
Al

WOW, talk about inspiring pictures (of boats) and the landscape was nice too. Thanks for sharing. It makes me regret not taking a camera along for my days in the field.

Wow, you got some neat toys. What are your Prospector's made out of ? Royalex, Glass, or Kevlar ? I'm thinking of getting one. What's the flats boat in UT. for, carp ?
Looks like your having a good time !
-

Hi Greg,

Looks like you'll fit right in. Nice to have you here. Great pics.

FYI - this forum has been here since Eric's scaup was just in the building stage, something like 12-13 years I think.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

William, the canoe is royalex. I really like this boat, the most versatile of the lot. the flats skiff is for fly fishing, preferably sight fishing, for everything in stillwater. carp, tiger musky, large and small mouth bass, trout and chasing wiper boils. I have fished out of flats skiffs a fair amount in FL and Bahamas and wanted to try it out here. Got a 14' carolina with platform and it worked great and in many ways I liked it for our fishing more then a bass boat so have decided to take the plunge on a new boat.

Greg- Can't decide on material on the Prospector. Royalex would be smart for rivers, but I do a lot of carries on flat water. Ultimately I'll get a Royalex Prospector from Wenonah, and a Kevlar Seliga Tripper from Bell. Less rocker in the Bell.
Great idea with the Flats Boat. I use my 16' Sea Ark as one often for bass/pike/trout. Next month for stripers on the coast maybe.
From the pics it looks like you got it figured out!
Great sunrise/sunset shot btw.
-
-

Last edited:
WOW... those are beautiful pictures.... I can't image how enjoyable it must to live and hunt in such a magestic place.

Awesome shots Greg. I will need to venture myself West one of these days. Hunting amounst the mountains looks great!

Welcome aboard Greg! Great shots of a truly majestic place. I have four brothers in different western states and have been fortunate to have made several trips out there but have never hunted out in the mountains. Looks like a lot of fun with a lot of space to roam. Thanks for posting the pics and keep them coming please.

Greg - welcome aboard, nothing wrong with plenty of craft ! You are indeed lucky to gun such beautiful places and handsome dog there. Thanks for posting some very nice, creative shots !
sarge

Thanks a bunch guys.

Bill, yeah I had a hard time deciding on the royalex but am glad I went that direction. Great stuff for a do it all boat.

Back